Would you date someone who claimed to be psychic?

Like they actually believed horoscopes and psychic readings?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm

it depends on if it's wrong to totally disregard a partner's beliefs though...

Hmm I wouldn't believe or pretend to but on the inside..I would think that part of him was a 'joke'...

that's wrong to me so I don't think I could date him for that reason.

plus (devious side coming out) I would be too tempted to play a prank involving ghosts

What Girls Said 25

• I don't see why that should be a reason NOT to date someone? As long as they're not obsessed with it and don't act in order of what it says, then I'm cool with it.

• Hell to the no.

• Nope. No way. I date intelligent people.

• It'd really depend on how much they made these beliefs a part of their life.

If it was 'mild,' ex: they regularly read horoscopes, occasionally talk about it, whatever- no big deal.

If for every problem they wanted to consult a seer, constantly claimed to know what I was thinking, and would regularly reject logic and reason because it contradicted the stars...that'd be a deal-killing problem.

• If he or she has more in common with me than just those beliefs ,then I would definitely like to date that person .

• No, our beliefs systems would be too different for compatibility.

• No.

Its on par with those who believe in Homeopathy and some other forms of alternative medicine.

Its a complete lack of science, evidence, and the like.

We wouldn't get along.

• I would. I wouldn't if he thinks he's actually psychic.

• I would.

• Let me put it this way,

I would not date anyone who does believe or does not believe into something. I would not go to a therapist who does believe in astrology nor would I go to one that refuses constellations.

I don't like people who strictly refuse things and strongly believes/supports other things.

I like people who have knowledge about all sorts of things, as much as possible

• No. I would think he is crazy if he thought he was psychic

• If he actually believed that stuff? I'd really be hesitant to date him

• f*** no

• Psychic? F***no. They're all liars.

• Yes. I'm not going to not date them if I'm into them because of a hobby, hobbies are healthy.

• Why not

• Why not? We all have some kookiness in ourselves, it would be fun.

• Nope.

• No that's it just no

• Hahahahahahaha no.

• I think it would be a bit weird.. it would depend on how much they believed in it's

• Sure, I would, but I'm quite an open-minded person so...

• Yes I would I believe in psychics but real psychics don't need oujiji boreds tariot cards etc those ones are all fake

• It wouldn't make a difference to me. When you've dealt with that sort of "out there" stuff for much of your life, it no longer really bothers me or would concern me. Because true psychics don't tell you they are psychic. They know to keep their mouth shut and block it out. It's nothing to be messed with. And yes, the general public sees you as insane, gullible or dumb. And if we were really going to talk about about psychic abilities and the like, horoscopes and readings are the superficial stuff, the surface.

• I've never met a man like this.sure I've met some who believed in their horoscope and had readings done, but never anyone who said they were a psychic.I think that's not something you share right off the bat.but I'd date him as longas he wasn't deep into the occult, doing black magic and sh*t

• If I liked him enough yeah I don't see why not.

What Guys Said 19

• I could be friends with someone like that but I don't think I could date them. I know my horoscope but I don't believe it can tell who you are or what you're day is going to be like. hand readings psychics voodoo and the like are something I just don't and can't believe in.

it's fun to read about and see in movies and games though.

• Yes. It's not of consequence. It's not like they actually think they're a vampire or something so absurd. They believe horoscopes? Well for one thing I know for a fact horoscopes are real because I've read them with my own two eyes so they definitely exist :p

...but seriously what I'm saying is when it comes down to horoscopes it's down to perception. I know that horoscopes sometimes come true, but I think it's down to coincidence or self fulfilling prophecy (like the horoscope tells you you will meet a new friend and it only becomes true because you read the horoscope, thus empowering you to a position in which you were ready, and likely, to meet a new friend).

And I also believe very much so that there are real life psychics in the world. I believe that there is some sort of a spirit world (earthbound spirits who are too screwed up to get a move on), and I believe in reincarnation (after the spirits have been earthbound they find themselves a new body and go for another whirl). It's quite common for young children to have past life experiences which they usually forget pretty much all of after their first few years, but they say random things in their first few years which are connected to their last life, and all those night terrors, that's the kid having nightmares about the last death their spirit suffered. It's also very possible that irrational fears that a person has had for as long as they can remember, or from a very young age without basis, come from how they died in their last life/how their last life ended.

I myself have seen at least two ghosts in my life... and one psychic guy was apparently startled when he first met me because of the paranoid, over protective looking nine year old kid attached to my back. Apparently he'd been on my back for like 9 years (since he died when I was 8 and him 9). The psychic guy kindly removed the earthbound spirit of my dead friend and sent him "into the light". (I don't know what that last bit means. I am not religious at all so I don't know what word to use for the place they go to after being earthbound.)

Anyway since my friend died I had been moody, always sad for apparently no reason, and for some reason I wouldn't let myself have fun - whilst all my friends were out partying, drinking, dating etc. I was voluntarily a recluse. After this guy did "rakey healing" on me (removed my dead friends' spirit), it was like I was finally free. I literally felt him pull all this negative energy out of me, and felt him pull something (apparently my dead friends' spirit) off of me, and it hurt, I gasped and struggled to breathe for a bit, like I'd been really badly winded, and he didn't touch me at all. His hands were hovering about an inch or two from my body the whole time. And I felt this amazing cool, refreshing feeling as he pulled stuff out. It felt like I'd had ice cold water poured through my bloodstream.

Needless to say I'm much less sceptical than I used to be.

• Oh yeah and when he pulled the thing (apparently my friend) off of me it was so intense that my eyes were watering... it felt like I'd just had an excorsism performed on me. I don't even know what to believe, which is why I keepy saying "apparently my friend". This is just what he told me. But it is too surreal to me so I have found it very difficult to come to terms with. I' didn't find it easy to believe (if I even do...).

Anyway, since that, I started acting like a teen should.

• like how (apparently), my friend had been stopping me from doing. Theory is that he didn't want me to grow up, because he never got too. I don't know why me though, he had other really close friends. So I find it hard to understand why I was the one he clung onto and tried to stop from doing teen things... I've always taken deaths (even of strangers) harder than most people. I think my mums friend theorized that it was because I'm very connected to the spirit world. I find that confusing.

• I don't believe in psychics, mediums, etc., so no, I wouldn't.

• Hmmm... If they CLAIMED it as part of the job, and ran that job semi ethically, (charge $20 for a 10 minute reading, fine, but demand thousands to ward off evil spirits that are haunting your house... that'd be the type of thing I'd draw the line at) then I probably would. If she believed she was full blown psychic... I don't know.

I'm more cautious about attributing things to psychic ability, though I'm less "in your face hardcore" about debunking it than I used to be.

• I really couldn't resist this:

Unfortunately, my account level is not high enough to enter a link, so go to Youtube, type in "Reaper sock palm".

Great pick up line. I've met people who claimed to have seen God by her window. Can't live with that open mind.

• No.

Anyone who believes in psychic powers is extremely gullible.

Anyone who claims to have psychic powers is either a con artist or insane.

Either way it's a deal breaker for me. I prefer to date people who are rational, ethical, and not mentally ill.

• A lot of people believe in things that we shouldn't think they should believe in but, honestly, who are we to judge? At least half of the things you think to be true are actually false, my friend.

• A lot of people believe in things that we shouldn't think they should believe in but, honestly, who are we to judge? Have of the things you think to be true are actually false, my friend.

• No. Unless they proved that they were to me, of course. In that case I would propose in a heartbeat and hold our honeymoon in Las Vegas.

• Probably not. It would suggest to me, unless I'm proven wrong, that she is irrational in other areas as well as this one.

• Hell yes, just so I could say

Hey I know your the psychic but I can see myself in your pants

BAM

I'm kidding, I have a wonderful girlfriend :P

• Maybe

• More than likely no because I expect people around me to be somewhat intelligent but you never know!

• i probably wouldn't if they really though they were actually psychic

• No. it only adds interests and topics.

• It's against my Christian belief so no.

• No,I live in the real world.

• if you can move a car with your mind, I'll be impressed. otherwise, yer a fraud...and I don't date frauds

• I am psychic. I told my ex that I could see myself in her pants.