Would you, if you could, date a celeb?

we all have celebs that we think are so hot and interesting. but like, if somehow you met a famous person and somehow they asked you out or got your number would you take them seriously? I'd think that it would never work, because I'm like a regular person and they aren't. I'd never expect anything remotely serious. I wonder how some of these celebs meet, date, and/or marry regular people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd do it in a heartbeat if it were a celeb crush. I mean, I know it wouldn't last, but I'd got at it like I was trying to re-populate the earth as long as it lasted! lol!

Plus, if I dated a hot celebrity, then hot "normal" girls would be that much more interested in me, so it'd be that much easier to get attractive women in real life.

What Guys Said 14

• It depends upon how she acted in her private life. If she was a chill girl away from the cameras, I'd be fine with it. Due to my work in the past, I've met and know several rich/famous people. I dated a professional musician for a while. Her fame, while not like that of a top 40 artist, didn't bother me. Some celebs are just more into dating other celebs and others are open to whomever happens to try and approach them and interest them.

• I don't think I would for many reasons.

1. I am currently in a happy relationship, and I wouldn't give my girlfriend up for anyone.

2. I don't really have an interest in any celebrities.

3. They're famous so that would be a lot of hassle to have to deal with the paparazzi and their busy schedules.

4. It would feel like they wouldn't really appreciate you because they could easily find someone else to replace you, and they would take you for granted.

• Date a celeb sure, I want to date Kelly Hu. She isn't a high class celeb, so I guess I could have a chance and a normal life in another life hahaha.

• Imo, you can't control who you fall in love with. But if that were to ever happen, and I felt it could potentially be great I would definitely be interested in pursuing a relationship with the exception that it is kept extremely low key. Meaning, it's out of the media or ever even discussed about. For example, I would not want the attention on me for dating someone who is "of celebrity status."

• Nah, and the main reason why is because I might get accidental fame. Some people have dreams of becoming famous, whether is becoming a celebrity or an entrepreneur. But I wouldn't be one with a dirty history, id rather earn it.

• No I wouldn't take them seriously. I would not date a celeb for 2 reasons.

1. I think they were playing around and joking with me.

2. I don't like being in the public eye.

However, I would love to date a celeb if I was sure it was something genuine.

• I'm with you on the public eye thing. I'm a very private person. But they are just normal people like you and me who deserve a chance to be loved, some of them anyway lol, just kidding. If a celeb said they liked me I would believe them because they have a level above playing around. They don't have time for that.

• I do not know. It might depends on the celeb, but they get a lot of media attention and everything they do is chronicled. So then everthing I do would be noticed too. I do not think I could deal with the scum paparazzi either. Plus, they life a certain lifestyle and I do not have that kind of money, unless they do not mind paying. The ones that marry regular people most likely do it before they became famous.

• Depends, like an athlete, yes, a singer or actor, no.

• meh..

• Kat Dennins. I'd at least give her a chance.

Also Elle Fanning if she weren't so young. She's adorable.

no one else tho, I'd only have sex with the rest.

• Entirely depends whether or not I like her, the celebrity status means nothing to me.

• i really don't think I would

• I would if I really liked and cared for them and there was legitimate attraction to them. I know some and they are just normal people like you and me with a job. I wouldn't date them for money, fame or to climb a ladder.

• I'd date a super hot model for sure. Not sure about people in the spotlight though.

What Girls Said 7

• I might go on a date with a celebrity, but no way in hell would I be dumb enough to make one my boyfriend. Celebrity relationships never last and I don't want death threats.

• No I wouldn't, because I think most celebs (if not all) are too obsessed with having excess money and fame, AND they're vain, AND basically almost ALL of them have married more than once, which tells me that majority can't keep a relationship. So HELL no.

• I would for sure. they are just like everyone else, being in the public eye would be difficult but if you really care about them that's all that matters. yes some are fake, but some are real and truly love and care abou people. trust me I know a few :)

• Only if they were the down to earth kind and didn't mind certain aspects of a "normal life."

• I would date a Caleb

• I definitely would. But I think celebrities find it hard to date "regular" people because they don't know if they're genuinely in love with them or if they just want the fame and the money.

• Honestly, off camera a lot of these people are not that different from the rest of the world. I have gone on dates with actors before, even once with a producer after he weaseled my number from a mutual friend. Personally I found most of them boring (especially the producer). Currently, I'm seeing an actor who has exposure and we get along very well, but you have to be prepared for certain invasions of privacy, which personally I'm not okay with, so we decided to keep everything on the down-low. But really they are normal people who tend to have trust issues, their own insecurities, flaws and personalities :)

PS: no I don't go out looking to date actors, but I am exposed to that world because of my personal career opportunities and my nightlife. I just care that I am compatible with the person, almost everything else to me is irrelevant.