Would you date a girl who tries to impress you too much, what would you do if he said this to you?

My boyfriend told me that I am trying too hard to impress him and it throws him off from our relationship and that I must just be me, I do it because I am insecure and other things (too personal to go into) and I wanna stop it.

Guys: would you date a girl who tries to impress you too much?

Girls: what would you do if he said this to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, to be honest, I wouldn't have too much problems with a girl aiming to impress me unless I truly felt she wasn't being herself, to the point that I don't know her as a person.

What exactly do you do to "impress" him?

• last night was my schools prom night and I dressed up really nicely (took 11 hours to get ready) for him and via Twitter he asked if I was trying to impress him and I said yes, he still doesn't know why I try to impress him...he says that he feels that I should not impress him because we are dating already and he feels that I am not being myself anymore...I've tried flirting with him when I feel like it and he says I'm too clingy

• I agree with him to a point. I do think that you're trying too hard. You don't have to take 11hrs to get ready to impress him.

Ask him how he would like you to look; then he can answerer what specs he likes such as makeup style or clothes...and I can guarantee whatever satisfies him, won't take 11hrs to do! :-P

In short, he feels that your insecurity is showing too much. He already likes you. Stop IMPRESSING him, and ENJOY him! :)

What Guys Said 2

• How are you trying to impress him? What you're doing may or may not be a bad thing, depending upon the guy. More details please.

• If she never learns to relax and be herself around me then it's not likely that our relationship will last in the long run. Nobody likes to have a partner who has no confidence. If a girl admitted to me that she's trying too hard I can be understanding and patient with her, for a while.

Impress and flirt with him because you enjoy it, don't do it because you feel obligated to. It will ultimately make you feel happier and more secure in the relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• I never try to impress my boyfriend as I figure he is already impressed if he's with me. I think you should do the same.