I need to get good at bowling, ASAP!

I have a date coming up, and we are going bowling (by her request).

I agreed to it, because I really want to go out with her. A mutual friend set us up, and I don't want to disappoint.

The problem is, I am HORRIBLE at bowling. I don't need to be the Big Lebowski on this date. I just need to come out with a reasonable score.

Help me!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have a smart phone, get on YouTube and check out the beginner tutorials on how to bowl. Take the phone in with you to the bowling alley and practice a few days before the date. Get comfortable perfecting your technique while she is not around. Bring a phone charger just in case, but take those videos to heart and practice like you're playing for money. When you win on the date, don't forget to tease her about her throwing the ball like a girl. :D

What Girls Said 2

• just be yourself,if she likes you she won't care how you bowl,if she does she is a shallow beeeeotch,most women just need an excuse to hang out as well..trust me this ain't about how you bowl,but how much fun you are on a bowling date..have fun!

• Don't get good at it; as long as you are able to laugh at yourself and enjoy the game without making it all about winning, she'll like that much better. Plus, winning will put her in a good mood.

What Guys Said 5

• Don't look at the pins. Look out about 10' (from the foul line) & you will see a series of diamonds.

This is where you are suppose to look. Being new & assuming your right handed roll the ball over the 3rd diamond from right to left. Adjust left or right between the diamonds if necessary. Make sure you follow through with your arm straight.

Same for spares. Pick out the diamond that is closest to the pins that are left.

• It might actually be better if you suck at bowling. Chances are she isn't going to be that great either. It's probably better if you both are bad and can joke around about how bad you are, rather than being good and kicking her ass.

• I've had dinner with an executive who happens to own 9 bowling alleys, and he says the biggest problem people face when it comes to bowling is that they don't practice. They don't attend bowling events nearly enough.

If you want to be good sometimes you have to pay more. I've never bowled or seen someone bowl but that's what my good friend told me.

• Dude, it's a date and you're bowling for fun. It's not the world championships lol

• make sure you use the bumpers so you don't get gutter balls ;p. Just have fun with it. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are at it