Why do I sometimes see girls in their early 20’s date guys who look 40 something or late thirties?

These girls are also very hot. I thought girls wouldn’t want to date someone old enough to be their dad? Could someone please explain this phenomenon? I’m just asking out of curiosity.

Most Helpful Guy

• i have no idea my sister is currently dating a guy who is way older than her , she's 25 and I think he's late 30's . its more than a 10 year difference for sure

he has his own house and a job maybe that was the appeal ? but she was also on the rebound too

What Girls Said 3

• A lot of people say money, but some girls that I know date guys who are a little older because of maturity. Most of these guys have been through their "wild" stage and re close to settling down. They like the feeling of being in a relationship where they are less likely to be hurt.

These guys are probably financially well off and that is probably appeasing to them as well.

• "These guys are probably financially well off and that is probably appeasing to them as well."

aka money...

• Well duh. That's the reason I put it there.

• The men probably have a lot of money.

• I'm actually going to a wedding in 2 weeks and the bride is 25 and the groom is 42 lol. I am totally stumped on that 1. I would never be with a guy with that much age difference. Anything more than 8 year difference is too much for me. I think it maybe because the girl wants to be with an older guy thinking that he can give her everything she wants and that he's more mature. But that's not always true because some guys that are a lot older are very immature and a much younger girl may not be experienced and confident enough to put her foot down and say I'm not putting up with the bull *ish they may try to pull. I'm 30 and have experienced that the guys I have met that are older or my age still are not together lol..In the past few years I have been talking to younger guys. Right now my date for the wedding is 24, funny, smart good looking so dating a 40 something guy is the farthest thing from my mind lol...

What Guys Said 2

• Money

• Money, life experience, interesting stories, maturity, sexual experience, etc