Is it OK to "high give" a date?

If you are out with a girl and its going well and attracted to each other and you make a joke with a girl and you both laugh and you give her a little high five does she get weirded out or anything or think you don't like her romantically? assuming you only do it once or twice. I think its OK but know what chicks think though?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok dude, you're starting to read into things rather excessively. Just be yourself. Just because you high-five a girl shouldn't make you all worried and stuff about what she would think and all. People are different for a reason. Someone who high-fives strictly friends is not the same as another that high-fives anybody (whether friends or crushes). I mean c'mmon, you're making a big deal about a high-five? Seriously? Just be yourself, and quit trying to act in a way that would stifle your real you just for the sake of impressing a girl or anybody for that matter, I mean if you can't be yourself around her, aren't you kinda missing the point of 'getting to know each other'?

• there are a vast amount of other GENUINE signs that would definitely show that you like her, so quit worrying about one tinnie-winnie issue about a high-five -_-

What Girls Said 5

• If I can't high-five a guy and call him "dude," then I don't want to date him. I don't know if that's super weird but I and a lot of other girls I know want to be buds with our boyfriends. It's no fun being with someone just romantically. If you have something in common worthy of a high five, then you're at a good spot.

• I don't find it weird...on my most recent date with a guy I gave him a high five. Things were going well and we had a lot in common and our love for Halloween was another thing and he was like "Yes! I knew I liked you." and yeah a high five seemed appropiate and not awkward.Then again I'm not too girlie of a girl so I don't mind makes me feel more comfortable if anything.

• it really depends on what kind of guy he is...if he is the cool slick douchebag kind of guy It would be a little weird but if it were a guy who is the silly type and jokes around a lot I wouldn't care as much.

and in general if that happened in a date it would be alittle weird and awkward yes but that small thing won't make me want to date you...i'll probably just forget about it because its not a big deal

• A high five? I would think it's weird and..friend like. Not date like.

• 2 years later and I still high five my boyfriend. For me, it's fine.

What Guys Said 1

• HAHAHA I would say so, I see the douchey guy on storage wars do it to no end.. I personally don't high five anyone, a date would probably get a weird idea...

But physical contact before a date may be a sign, probably not..