Would you date a girl who refused to shave and/or wear make up?

Besides jewelry and fixing my hair I'm refusing to torture myself to be what society perceives as beautiful. I think I'll stick to soap, water, and if I feel fancy jasmine oil. I will NOT pluck, wax, shave, scrape, or hereby mutilate any part of myself for so called standards of beauty. Ladies and Gentlemen your two cents please.

As far as shaving goes I have very little body hair natrually so I think it's honestly unnecessary to shave it as for the people commenting on the sex part haven't gotten that far with anyone yet and I'm not in a rush that's not to say to say I don't have anyone who's interested but sex isn't on the table right now

Most Helpful Guy

• don't care, after all if she doesn't mind all my hair I won't mind hers ;)

and make-up smake-up screw that stuff

What Guys Said 19

• Hey, all the power to you.

But not for me though, I like girls that take care of themselves. It's not even the outcome that matters the most, I really appreciate the effort. Like if she got a haircut for me, how cute is that? All planned out, hoping I'll like it, great!

• All I can say is if you want to lead that kind of lifestyle, expect the same from your partner. Don't expect society to accept your standards just as you aren't accepting society's.

People have been plucking, shaving, scraping and wearing makeup for thousands of years. It has made it this far for a reason. No shame in it.

• It's your decision if you don't want to, but I wouldn't want to date a girl who isn't well groomed and actually looks like she takes care of her self and is presentable to my parents. I wouldn't go out of my way to introduce myself to Yeti Betty.

You gotta be presentable or it should be of no surprise that no one wants to date you.

My dad always said to me "Beauty is skin deep, but your eyes also want to enjoy the view"

• While its entirely unreasonable, I'm not sure I could handle hairy armpits and legs. Stubble doesn't bother me on either of those, long hair does.

There's something to be said for not following 'societys' standards of beauty.

But there's also something to be said for wanting to please your partner. I'm willing to put effort into doing so, and expect the same.

• I'd like to comment that women don't get long hairs on their legs like men do. Not even close. And if a woman has never shaven before, rather than stopped at a certain point, it will be even less.

• This is simply not true. Shaving does NOT change your growth. It only seems that way to some people because their hair is thicker then when they started shaving.

As for how much hair women have, it varies quite a bit. My grandmother apparently never shaved hers she had so little. But some women have quite a bit.

• Yes to both. And I agree with your points 100%. Makeup is something that IMO should only be worn by actors and people who want to use makeup to express themselves, not to meet ridiculous standards of beauty. And I think it's great that you don't let yourself be forced into a societal mold. After all, as artist Kenny Irwin said in one of his videos "As we know, the human is the only species in the animal kingdom that actually tries to remove its naturally grown hair with strange products like this [shaving cream]". He then turned a can of Gillette shaving cream into a housefly sculpture (most likely to make a statement about how much of a pest the societal pressure to shave is). I just would hope that the girl feels the same way about male hair, since I like to let my beard grow and am currently letting my head hair grow out. Basically, if she thinks my beard is sexy, then I think her armpit and leg hair is sexy. Also I would like to add to your point and say that it's unfortunate that women who don't shave their legs or pits are made to feel like they should cover up, when they have as much right to wear shorts and tank tops as any other woman. If anything, I'd be happy that a woman is brave enough to flaunt her armpit and leg hair like that, making a statement without saying a thing, and that would actually make her very attractive in my eyes.

• The make-up isn't a huge thing.

The body hair is.

I manage my body hair.

I expect her to do the same.

This isn't a double-standard.

It's a mutual standard.

• Until you start to get serious with anyone (I'm not saying sex, but not meaning that sex necissarily makes it different) all the more power to you, Personally, I think leg hair is fine as long as it's managed, pubes and armpit hair deserve some form of maintenance too, though. Au naturel is pretty okay for the most part, but a little bit of body hair management and some foundation and not much more than that for makeup is nice.

• OK...I am fine with no makeup...I really want pubes so no problem there..armpit hair is not particularly sexy but acceptable to me..so this leaves leg hair...could we compromise? You would shave your legs April through October and leave them grow from October through April?

• @Update...yes OK...but I am interested in your reaction to my answer?

• I'll shave mine when you shave yours

• You want me to shave mine? So..we would both shave from April through Oct..and grow from Oct through April? I would do that...and your response?

• I don't mind.

Love cannot be determined by shaving and makeup!

I'm done...:P

• No, no, just no!

• refuse to wear makeup? sure. refuse to manage body hair? never happen, not me

• I figure that if I don't need to wax and wear makeup then why should she?

• I guess today really is, national "coming out" day

• No makeup? No problem. However, would I ever go out with a woman who has body hair? Never. To me this sounds more like a rebellious thing. I don't think most people consider shaving and waxing to be mutilation.

• No makeup? No problem. However, would I ever go out with a woman who has body hair? Never.

• yes I would.

• If she naturally has no hair on her legs and armpits, then it would be fine for me. I don't mind no make up on a girl, as long as she's naturally pretty.

• 99.9% of post pubescent women have leg and armpit hair.

• Then I'll consider dating the girl in the 0.1%.

• No make up is fine, but she needs her armpits and legs shaved. I don't mind a bush.

• Makeup I can deal without, as a lot of girls look good with minimal or no makeup as long as they take good care of their skin. Hairy legs, underarms or crotches are a complete turn off and would be a deal breaker for me. You'd be a no go.

• That's what I thought! yuck

• Less is more when it comes to makeup. There's nothing more sexy about a girl than a smooth set of legs.

What Girls Said 10

• Nothing wrong with not wearing make up. If you feel good about yourself, why should you use make up? If you don't need it, feel you need it and feel good, doesn't matter.

About the shaving, I'm not gonna meddle in that, but women who don't shave their legs and armpits don't seem very hygenic. I could be wrong, but it's just my perception.

• Last time checked not many guys shave their legs and no complains about being hygienic so no one should make that sexist argument about cleanliness unless guys are going to shave too and I bathe twice daily

• Like I said: that's MY opinion, not yours.

• make up isn't a big deal, but do you really think a guy will want to date a girl who has a unibrow and hairy arm pits? YUCK not to mention he probably won't want to go down on you, unless he for some reason likes bush. but oral sex won't feel as good with all that hair down there, it's a fact!

• It would take a few lifetimes for me to grow a unibrow I have very thin wispy eyebrows

• Your facts are a figment of fermented mushrooms in your brain...one of my two faves is giving oral and my females have always had hair...is your pov something that you read somewhere? Or is this in the new book of Social Etiquette? I would hate to see the look on some broads face when she takes her clothes off and the man is disappointed that there is no hair..and then she has to explain that she lasered and he can never have them..o.O

• If shaving makes you happy with who you are, do it. If you are happy not shaving, more power to you. Having Self confidence is a bigger turn on for me then shaving (men or women) and covering up (Make up) who you really are.

• Ewk! Self maintenance is important! It's Not just about being clean, but looking presentable is mostly vital, or you could turn out to be an eyesore.

To do that you don't have to necessarily go over the top like some do, but trimming at least a little here and there is appreciated by everyone, not just your partner. ...Example: I'll be having a pleasant conversation with a random person when all of a sudden a nose hair peaks out.. ewk ewk ewk. Now imagine the rest. Just NO.

XD

• Fair enough..My female barber does not mess with nose hairs..so..I yank them with blunt nose pliers...so...if your SO wants pubes..will you let him have them?

• I know guys that wouldn't care

• You don't wanna wear makeup,maintain your body hair situation no matter how much hmmm irk kk.da sounds ecky to me...yet again I wear makeup,wax,and the nine yards,in other words if you feel comfortable with yourself that way good for you:)

• I think that's pretty cool of you to be honest. Most people are so up society ass about what's OK or not its lame. As long as you don't expect different from a man and no double standard with the rule you're enacting, I say go ahead with your bad self!

Funny thing is, if society said hair everywhere is great people would of never think twice about it. Their idea of beauty is shaped and morphed and only a bit percent of their own view.

• You don't sound attractive haha

• Attractiveness is now determined by sound? O.O

• Hello troll here is your cookie I'm a hit or a miss with people short and just a little chubby but more curvy than chubby and if you don't believe me go here Alainakathrynjohnson@Facebook.com

• If that's what you want to do by all means go for it. I personally think body hair is gross. Not wearing makeup is fine though. Most guys will probably be turned off by a hairy girl

• I don't shave often. The only time I do shave is when I know I'm going to have those hairy parts exposed. I hate shaving and I probably will never wax. I don't care who thinks it's gross. I don't care what society has to say about it. It's way too expensive to be what society considers beautiful/acceptable anyway. So much effort with little reward.