Would you still date someone who hates/dislike fat people?

this guy that I'm dating for 3 months now told me (for the 3rd or 4th time) that he hates/dislike fat people whenever he sees one because he thinks and maybe he believes that all of them are lazy, weak,stubborn and lacks discipline..

I just told him not to judge them every time. what if they're just sick or something. people who have this particular medical conditions such as hypothyroidism (dysfunction of thyroid), diabetes, etc can make them fat...even some drugs to treat certain conditions can make someone really fat.

my parents are fat. my granma is fat. I have a brother who is overweight. What if I become fat in the future? would this guy still treat me the same way as now while I'm still fit and sexy? lol.

So for girls and guys, would you still date him/her? and what are your reasons..

anyway, some of the reasons why I like him is because he is health conscious. We like to exercise, eat healthy foods, we don't smoke or drink, and I want a boyfriend that values his health as much as I do...I just don't like it when he is becoming too judgmental sometimes.. he haven't met my family yet

Most Helpful Guy

• Hate is a pretty strong word. If this guy lets his obsession with fat people control his life, then its a problem. I am not going to lie, I am sickened by fat people. I mean, look at children these days! They are bigger now then they used to be, and its because they are lazy. Yes, many people, mostly middle aged and older people have conditions and its understandable. But anybody 35 and under should care about themselves enough to want to not get large.

I have a young son and I work out 4 days a week, I take care of myself, and I want to be able to, when I'm almost 40 still be playing ball with my son, throwing the football around or whatever. I think its sad that people let themselves go.

If your boyfriend is rude, and basically dwells on fat people that much that it ruins your relationship, its best to cut ties, but there's nothing wrong with someone not excepting laziness. Every girl throws out that line, what if i, well don't get that way, why would you want to, for yourself, why would you want to.

What Guys Said 6

• If it bothers you now it will only get worst later.

First he has a closed mind. Second he is selfish. Finally he will miss out on meeting some fantastic people.

I don't think many fat people have a choice and feel our entire food system is contaminated due to a simple fact.. The same people who owned the tobacco companies now own the food processing plants and things are place in our food to make us want more or to be addictive.

Fat is only a major problem in the USA.

• yup. I like him but there are times that I don't feel comfortable being around him anymore because Its not only the fat people that he judge, but also those without college education. he think they're inferior.

so if you're me you wouldn't date him?

• He sounds like a real douche.

• My girl and I are both slim, but neither of us judge fat people, and one of the reasons I love her so much is her understanding, empathic nature and yes, it would bother me if she hated others based on their looks. People overeat for all kinds of reasons, some because they suffer from depression, some try to fulfill some hole in their life with food, some are generally unhappy and from their place of unhappiness they just can't find motivation to exercise etc. Some people have medical reasons for being overweight. The way I see it, other people's weight is none of my business and not to be rude but your boyfriend sounds immature.

• exactly the reason why I don't judge people.. anyway, right now I'm just doin my best to understand him. :(

• I sadly dislike most fat people. I know there are some that are fat due to medical issues but the rest are lazy and gross. America is lazy, fat and stupid for the most part and the fat people should be put on an island to eat each other.

• hahah. I don't hate or dislike them. they're only humans, they have feelings too just like you and me.. but dang your comment made my day.Im laughing right now. lol xD

• I was hoping you thought it to be funny :)

• If I had a person like that no I wouldn't stay with them. I understand that everyone has their own opinion and I can respect that but there's no reason to be a jerk about it. So no, I couldn't see myself with a future with that person

• I dislike most fat people, because most of them will find excuses for their condition. VERY FEW people actually have those problems you mentioned. For them, I feel sorry for them and don't dislike them. I dislike people with weak self-control and poor lifestyle choices. I don't feel sorry for anyone who fails to make choices in their life to improve their outcome.

I also wouldn't tolerate a girlfriend getting fat for a non-medical reason. It is one thing if she had a medical problem, but if she just starts eating, failing to exercise and not caring about her appearance, there's no way I'm going to want to have sex with her or be seen with her in public. I take great care of my body, and expect my friends, family and girlfriend to as well.

What Girls Said 6

• Also, he would most likely disrespect your family just because they're overweight. I don't know about you but I would NEVER date a guy whom is disrespectful towards my family. I would also never date a guy that thinks of himself as a better human being just because he's not fat, like who the hell does he think he is? So he wants to tell me that because he is not fat, he isn't lazy, wak, stubborn, and he has discipline? Hahaha, a disciplined person wouldn't talk down on other people just because of their looks.

• I'm sorry to say this but the guy you're dating sounds kinda dumb for saying that. Being lazy/weak/stubborn or lacking discipline doesn't just happen based on how fat or skinny someone is. There are many other ways someone can show those undesirable characteristics, whether they are fat or not.

• Well if his Hate for fat people is damaging your relationship you shouldn't date him. Everyone has flaws... and maybe I don't know his Hate for them is associated with a tramatic experience? But if he just dislikes fat people for no big reason than maybe if he meet someone fat in your family he could see that fat people are nice like everyone else and are human beings with feelings and goals.

• no, I'd dump him on the spot. a number of my friends are overweight- it has never affected how I view them. I don't know how being overweight became such a stigma in society. I can understand not respecting someone for not working out or trying to be healthy, but HATING them? that's ridiculous and very narrow-minded. being overweight/obese doesn't mean that the person isn't a person like you or me.

• Guys generally have less empathy and are more aggressive when they're talking about their opinions.

• no, I wouldn't...its a character flaw for him to be so judgmental and I personally see it as a lack of maturity