Did I blow it by talking too much?

So I went on a first date today with someone met online. I feel like I might have talked too much, I barely touched my food. I just got nervous and overwhelmed with how attractive I found him in person. I am now debating on whether I blew it. He seemed to have enjoyed everything I was saying though, he laughed at all my jokes and at least looked like he was having a great time. But I read on many sites that guys can just pretend to be nice on a date to not hurt the girl's feelings. Guys, would you give a girl a second chance, even if she did talk a bit too much on first date? Or is it a complete turnoff hard to recover from?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what she's talking about. I met one online who talked so much I deemed her a narcissist. She would not shut up. It was a problem more so because of the things she was talking about though. She started bringing up bar situations with girls and guys the the drama they had(like the keying of a car) along with all the drama she had with her mother right from the start. I barely talked at all and cut it off and she knew I was not interested.

Talking too much is not that big of a deal though if you're actually showing interest in him too. That's a big key. Guys give girls so much attention and if it's all about her 24/7 that would be a turnoff.

Girls also pull the same act of being nice on a date too. I've met girls online who would not go for a second date with me after I thought the first date went very well.

What Guys Said 3

• I had two dates with two different women I met online last week.

The one I didn't like, I definitely acted nice and enjoyed the conversation. It was a weekday date that was going to be short anyways, but I made sure after dinner I got out of there. I didn't hug her nor did I say I would call. I simply thanked her for coming out and said it was nice meeting you. I did insist on paying for it, though. If you want to know if he's interested, text him or message him saying you had a good time. If he is interested, he will definitely respond. If he isn't, it is possible he won't and then you'll know.

With the girl I did like, she talked more than I did. I didn't mind, but I wondered how interested she was in me. Your question actually helps me out. She hinted at another date and texted me numerous times the day after so I'm hopeful (although she stopped responding randomly).

• We expect women to talk too much, that's what make them women really..

One tip all guys (should) follow on a first date is: Ask the questions, let her speak about herself as long as she wants, and agree no matter what. He got you talking and he agreed, seems like simple protocol:D I wouldn't worry about it

• Who knows... it depends on what you talked about and if you gave him even the smallest opportunity to talk as well.

• I talked about variety of things, and he did chime in once in a while. I also asked him a few questions in beginning of the date and he spoke to those. I think I might just be paranoid lol

• Probably... if you get that second date... stay calm. Maybe acknowledge you were a little nervous and talked a little too much. Then just be you and have fun.

What Girls Said 1

• if he liked you he will contact you within the next few days. guys don't necessarily mind if the girl talks a lot.