Guys and girls, be honest; what "games" do you play when it comes to "dating" and relationships?

Whether it be:

1) intentionally "stalling" replying to calls/texts/messages right away when you get a message from him/her, even when you're available to do so

2) waiting a pre-selected amount of weeks/months to have sex, although you really want to

3) "with-holding" certain "intimacy" skills, talents, or abilities for a set amount of time because you don't want to appear too "fast"

4) trying to "instill jealousy" by talking to other guys/girls just to make the person you REALLY want, desire you more

5) waiting a pre-set amount of time to kiss him/her, although you really want to

6) not being as emotional, sweet and/or compassionate as you want to be with him/her, because you don't want to appear "clingy", "insecure" or "desperate"

7) acting aloof, un-impressed, un-interested, or intentionally giving less attention to, a guy or girl, to appear more "mysterious" and not "easy"; [aka, "playing hard to get"]

8) etc

--------

Have you done any of these "game-playing" maneuvers before?

Why did you do one or more of the above, instead of being your real self when involved with him/her?

Feel free to name the above examples by number in your answer to make it easy to follow.

--------

Feel free to guess the Pokemon! :-D

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha, I'm guilty of one of those. I have occasionally tried to make my boyfriend jealous, just because I absolutely love it when he gets jealous. But only because he knows the line. He gets slightly jealous over my real guy friends (just like I do with his female friends), and we both tell each other this, but it's more of a joke between us because we both understand. But I'll tell him about a guy that hit on me or about a guy that asked for his number, because he's gets all possessive, and I love it.

I do put in effort to not appear clingy, but I'm independent by nature, so it's more of a second-nature and not so much something I have to really work at.

I like teasing him a lot. If we're in public or around other people (even his parents once), I'll play with him and get him all aroused. For instance, once, I was curled up on his lap in an armchair and his dad and stepmom were on the couch. On a spur of the moment urge, I reach around behind me (his parents couldn't see because of 1.) my body 2.) the chair's arms) and started playing with him through his shorts. It's gets him so frustrated because he can't do anything about it.

Annnd Milotic. :)

What Girls Said 4

• I do none of these. Not intentionally, at least.

1, most of the time, if emails or texts replies take a while, it's because I'm actually busy, or because I took a while to type a response. I typically go over an email a few times and to make sure it sounds perfect.

2-5, no, I do things when it feels right.

6, I don't express my true emotions with anyone unless I'm 110% comfortable with them. So I don't know how to flirt, and I treat guys I like as if they're just friends to me. I was raised in a family that lacked affection. This typically works to my disadvantage, but it's not something I can easily change. But once I'm in a relationship, I'm pretty comfortable and will be more affectionate.

7, I don't act aloof. If I like someone, I will try to make it known to them that I enjoy spending time with them. Attention, initiating hangouts.

• I guess I do 6, although I'm naturally a pretty aloof person in relationships. The best way for a boy to get me to break up with him is by texting me obsessively lol.

But for the most part, I just do what I feel like in a relationship. I'll talk if I feel like talking, cuddle if I feel like cuddling, etc. Although I do abstain from sex, I don't consider that a game. :P

• 2 and 3, mostly.

I just don't want to jump into being super physical with a guy, because it would be very awkward to go out with a guy for only a couple weeks and break up after he's seen you naked. Also, I'm not that easy. I like to know I'm in love before getting physical.

• 5,6, and 7 I am completely guilty of. #5. I like to build up suspension. #6. Its hard for me to be"sweet"and etc. because its hard for me to express my feelings. #7.I give less attention to them just so they know that they're not the only person on my radar. Like I don't want them to think on my attention is on them(even tho it usually is) so ''playing hard to get'' I guess you can say. I just don't want to appear super clingy or super in tuned to them. clingy--never. super intuned--yes.

What Guys Said 5

• Despite how effective I believe those things are, I don't often use them. Why? Because I believe that part of the enjoyment of a relationship is giving love, not just receiving it.

I do try to talk about other girls I find attractive around a girl but I don't rub it in. I generally do wait a week or two to kiss a girl even if it's apparent there is interest, I just think it's more fun when some tension has built up over a period of time, and getting that close to someone in less than a week just doesn't seem right. I do like to tease girls about things they do, just playfully bash them, I want them to know I'm not afraid to criticize them or disagree.

• you *need* to play the game. nature forces you to do that. it's not about lying or deceiving it's about understanding certain realities when it comes to relationships and women.

your wishes, desires, needs, and sometimes instincts are/can be irrelevant if you want to be successful with women. you cannot act on impulse, you need to have a game plan.

and this goes for picking up chicks and sustaining a successful long term relationship.

• milotic..i play mimic with my significant other cause its just enough to put her in the mood or just turn her alittle. but with a sensitive person who doesn't have many friends mimicking them would just make them feel bad.

• I don't text. After meeting the girl in person...I wait 5-9 days to call them for a date. I don't setup dates for Friday's or Saturdays until she's my girlfriend. I wait for her to ask to be exclusive.

• Used to do none, but been forced to adopt 6.