Would you date someone overweight?

would you date someone overweight?

why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• The general answer has been said on here, though not as clearly as it should have been. A guy will date any girl he finds attractive. And what each guy finds attractive is different. You'll see guys who only go after fit or skinny girls, as you can see by a few of the answers already. You will find guys who will go after women who are "overweight" or even chase these women down over other women. There are two issues. The woman should be healthy. (Healthy does not correlate to only being skinny and being too skinny is also unhealthy.) The other issue the guy has to like your personality. A woman is attractive more for who she is than how she looks. So you take a healthy woman who has a good personality and you'll find guys who will be attracted to her.

Personally, I'll date any woman I'm attracted to, and there's been a WIDE range of women I've been attracted to. But I'm going to stick with the woman whose personality is the best match for me.

A guy can be attracted to a beautiful doll, but she'll be cold and he'll be lonely. Or he can be with a woman with a great personality and find in the end he's more attracted to her than the beautiful doll.

If you want a longer read:

link

What Guys Said 20

• Yes. In fact just yesterday this cute brunette girl was working with our crew. She was gorgeous to me. She had a nice face, a nice complexion, a nice smile and by the way, she was overweight. She was quite stocky below the waste and I was still drooling like a wolf eying raw meat. I wanted a piece of that.

During the event there were plenty of attractive girls who were much more fit but it's not like I had this "move on to better things" syndrome. I was still interested in talking to her, so at the end of the night I did. Turns out she is much older than me (but looks young) and she was really nice. I planted the seeds for next time since it would have been awkward at that point in time to collect info.

• I would to an extent. A few extra pound or curvy and chunky is fine but if her butt cheeks are hanging over the sides of her chair, then there's a problem.

Know something about obesity? There is a cure. If a person really wants to, they can lose the weight. In most cases, all it takes is some motivation. Examples would be the love of a person who sees past the blubber, letting too many clothes go by because they don't fit, tired of looking in a mirror or bad news by the doctor. I am 43 and losing weight, not because I want to impress the ladies. A little girl was with her pregnant mom and telling everyone she's having a baby. When the girl saw me, she asked, "Mister, are you having a baby too?"

The next day, I got on the Fat Boy Program and quit my trucking career.

• No because there is no physical attraction at all. They don't need to be skinny or a supermodel at all though but my body just is not attracted to overweight women.

I have online dating profiles and the number one reason I don't respond to messages is that they are overweight. They can write me the best letter in the world but once I see their photo and the fact that they are overweight I click away. I also stopped responding to messages from girls who take misleading photos where they only show their face or ones where they purposefully take angled shots trying to make themselves not seem overweight.

Physical attraction aside, overweights tend to also be extremely clingy to the point where it is totally smothering. It's like they feel they'll never find another guy as long as they live.

• No, because I'm not attracted to overweight girls. I'm attracted to average/thin/toned girls, not overweight ones.

• Yep. I've been attracted to plenty of different body types, I'm way more picky about personality. Plus, it's not like "overweight" actually looks overweight all of the time.

• I did in the past, it is not worth it, those girls have very low self esteem so they are always moody and are always looking for more penises and because they are girls they can get laid by any guy so they are mostly cheaters too. They don't care about you, they just care for themselves.

I hate them even when I'm not in a relationship with them because they have such a low self esteem that they do not want her hot friends getting f*cked, so they are the biggest cockblockers in existance.

They are a waste of space.

• This is a very good answer

• Fat girls cheat more?!

Very funny! Haha

• Yeah, I don't understand why they would be offended, in other words I'm reaffirming girls power.

• of course not.

why? because I really don't like to vomit that much.

• 200lbs yes. 300lbs No.

• Only if she got overweight while I was already dating her. I'm not attracted to overweight girls but if I already love you it might be different.

• I would date a girl that is 10 to 15 pounds underweight and 20 to 40 overweight as long as I am attracted to her face and she is healthy.

• Yes, cause once I like the girl, her looks matter less. My ex was already a little chubby when we started going out. She got fatter and I didn't really care. Now she's straight up fat and I'm still sexy, VICTORY.

• I can't be attracted to anyone who looks like me. That's why I'm trying to lose weight, so that that mentality isn't completely f***ed up

• I have dated overweight women in the past, and I always felt like a jerk because I was compromising my values simply because I didn't wanna be alone. I will no longer date an overweight girl larger than me, which is going to be difficult because I only weigh about 145 pounds...

Seriously though, I need to be able to pick up the girl I'm with, and if she's 160+ pounds, I'm not going to be able too. I LOVE being skinny myself, and I prefer skinny to average women. I'm sorry, but I believe good-looking people belong with good-looking people.

• A crack whore is skinny. Does that make her attractive?

• No, but a skinny crack whore is definitely better than a fat crack whore LOL

All junkies are skinny lol...

You don't see too many obese heroin addicts :P

• LOL - That is true... for the most part

• no I couldn't. Its just not a good look and they are normally don't like to exercise which is something I like to do so I don't think it would work

• No...I am not attracted to over weight

• I would date anyone who felt the same attraction to me as I feel to her.

• My girlfriend is 160-170 lbs. thicker and maybe a bit overweight I'm 205 but lean since I"m tall 6'2"

• I work out to have a good body, to be able to find girls with good bodies themselves

• if she's a pound or two overweight sure.

• Nope. Just never found them attractive.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes.

I'm not the perfect weight myself.

Plus I like a guy with a little meat on his bones. Better overweight than under.

• It honestly depends.

How overweight are we talking? And how does he carry it?

I know people can be overweight and still look very nice.

I probably wouldn't. Merely because I need someone who shares my active, outdoorsy lifestyle, and I can't see someone like that enjoying it.

• I'm overweight so I wouldn't mind!

• I'm overweight and have an amazing boyfriend of almost 5 years. So the truth is yes people out there do like bigger women and guys. If I wasn't in a relationship I would date a bigger guy.

• Plenty of people think there overweight when they really arent.

• I am over weight and trying to lose weight. I do think I have a pretty face, thank you for the complaint. Some of these answers are very barbaric and disrespectful. I wish people would take time and get to know the person then just judge based on size.

• Everyones different. I have a friend who considers any girl over 120lbs to be fat. Me id consider anything like over 200 or around 250. But I care much more about her face and personality. Every guy is different.

• yes,

i'm a little overweight myself (160lbs ideal weight being about 140lb) so I'm not one to judge, plus I really do prefer guys with more rather than less meat on their bones. 30lbs overweight is way more attractive then 5 lbs underweight to me.

• hmmm its a tough one, but proably not cause I like healthy living and working out, and I think its important that you have that incommon

• Yes, I'm slightly overweight myself.

• I would more to love :)