Should I wait or give up?

I went out on first date with this guy I met online this past Saturday. I texted him after the date thanking for dinner (since he paid) and stating jokingly that "next one is on me ;)" he replied "It was my pleasure, hope you enjoyed yourself :) You're very welcome, have a good night!" And that was it. I haven't heard from him since, and I'm getting really nervous. Is he blowing me off? Or is he following the stupid rule about waiting few days? And I don't even mean that he should ask me out again like right away, but is it normal for a guy to not talk to you AT ALL after the first date, and after few days ask you out again? It's been 2 days now, should I just give up? If not, what is an acceptable time frame to give him? And guys please don't say I should write to him first, because I already told him "next one is on me" so clearly he knows I am interested and want there to be a "next one."

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. Guys do it all the time. He don't want to seem to desperate to ask you out on another date so soon. Give it like another week. That is the plan lol. He wants you to think that way. Just to proof the point, you posted on here about it. I have 90 % faith that he will message you in a week or so. Have faith and trust in God. I did the same thing with all my girls. One thing I regret was being to available with the last girl that I really like. However, if yall get to an actual relationship then yall should stop these little games.

What Guys Said 2

• Call him and tell him you found a good restaurant. Tell him that you want to book the reservations. Leave a voice mail if he doesn't pick up. Let him call you back if he doesn't pick up right away. But give him a hint as to where you want to take him. Leave the message or talk with him over the phone, that way he gets the message. He'll let you know from there where it is going.

• Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't it make me sound too pushy though? I already hinted that I want to see him again, I put the ball in his court. I feel like since I did that he should make the next move. Otherwise he might think I'm pressuring him or am too eager... Am I wrong in thinking that way?

• I said next one is on me as to say I'll pay the next time we go out. I did not think that would immediately imply I have to ask him out on that second date... I kind of brought up the idea to go on the first date, so why can't he ask me out this time for a change? I just don't want to be chasing after a guy, that has ALWAYS failed me in the past.

• Hey, if you rather wait, I can't stop you, but personally, I like it when a girl shows that she's interested. As long as you don't sleep with a guy too soon, most guys will still respect you. That part you don't want to rush.

• didnt you chat online after the date?

• No after that one text right after the date, we haven't talked at all in past 2 days. That's why I'm worried... I'm wondering how long to give him to contact me, or if after certain time I should ask him what's up.

• well online we only exchanged emails, we met on a dating site that doesn't have a chat feature and you can't see when someone is online. but, you can see if someone viewed your profile. would it be smart to go on his profile so he can be even more assured I'm interested? or would that just show I am desperate for him to contact me?

• you should wait hun.

its the guys task to make a move rather than a girls

What Girls Said 1

• i honestly am not sure. I wouldn't have texted him right after I would have waited. if you don't hear from him in 5 more days (making it a week) I would assume that's it.