How do I respond to this?

I have been seeing this amazing guy for about a month. Everthing has been perfect so far. He texts and calls me everyday and we see each other every weekend. I even met his daughter for the first time on Sunday. We recently got intimate (we are not exclusive yet) and I accidentally left my earrings on his nightstand. He sent me a picture message of my earrings on his night stand saying "Oh you're so cute...marking your territory!". I don't know what a cute/smart comeback to that would be. He has text me so many times since then. So I said "oh I didn't realize I left them there". I know he's gonna tease me when he sees me. What should I say?

I just feel a little weird now. I feel like there is always some truths to jokes. I just don't want him to think I'm closing in on him but I really do want him to ask me to be his girlfriend when he's ready!

Most Helpful Guy

• Just keep it light & playful... "oops, my mistake...but hey, now you have a better idea what type of jewelry I like" or "What makes you so sure they're mine?"

Whatever you think will play well between you guys based on how close you are & how easily you're able to joke with each other at this stage of the relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• Have a reply ready, like 'There aren't enough earrings in the world to mark my territory', or something similar!

• I would not try anything extreme in terms of a comeback. Sounds like it was a good-natured message. No reason to worry or overanalyze either - overanalysing and over-worrying / over-compensating, is what usually leads to tension

• Thank you for your response. I definitely have been analyzing and overanalyzing. It's just that I really like this guy and even though he said it in a joking way, there was probably some truth to it. I hate for him to think I'm actually marking my territory...that would be the last thing I'd do!

• I find it endearing if a girl I like (duh, I'd slept with her) marks me as her territory and I would playfully tease her about it for sure. Relax.

Guys who get worked up about little things like that wold get worked up about everything and you do not want to waste on them anyway regardless of thick hair and bushy, dangerous eyebrows..

• saw this before, but did not have a whitty come back for you. Sorry. You could tell him you were testing him to see if he was honest... I dunno...

• A good flirty comeback would have been something like "Just making sure you remember who's the boss in that bedroom" or something like that.

• hmmm...I don't know about that. I don't wanna be the boss in the bedroom. I like a man who takes charge.

What Girls Said 2

• That's adorable! just be you. Obviously he likes who you are!

Good Luck!

• Say "yeah, I am a cat and you are my tree" :D

• That's freaking funny! If I say that though does it mean I'm claiming ownership of him?I don't wanna freak him out

• Nah, he won't think anything of it. Say that and in a more serious and friendly note, just say "no but really, it was an accident and I am sort of wanting those earrings back. You are a lovely guy and you know I am mature enough to understand where we are at this point so please do not think that I am claiming ownership on you". Just be upfront and honest :). Good luck and stop worrying :) I hope he is the one for you x