Is it wrong to date him?

If you know a guy loves you and you don't have feelings that strong for him, but he's aware of how you feel and everything, is it wrong to date him/say yes to being his girlfriend?

I've already told him how I feel about everything and was totally honest and he told me how he feels and prett much ended up saying he loved me(we've known each other since we were 14 and I turned him down the first time he asked me to be his girlfriend, but my feelings have changed and his have apparently gotten stronger...). I told him how afraid I was of hurting him and he said that if dating me for even a little while means getting hurt that he WANTS to get hurt. So is it wrong to date him/say yes to being his girlfriend as long as he knows what page I'm on and how I feel and as long as we communicate and everything(especially if that's what HE says he wants?)?

Most Helpful Guy

• if you don't feel that your feelings are that strong, but are willing to take they chance they will grow, and you are being honest, like you have said... then go for it. But he might get hurt anyway.

So just be careful...

• Thanks, that's what I'm worried about cause if I hurt him I'll feel horrible, but he said he WANTS that if it means getting to date me for even a little while, so I guess I have a lot of thinking to do...and me and him have a lot more talking to do...

• Well I think that he says he wants to be hurt, because he DOESN"T really. He said that because he is banking that will never happen as once you date him, you will realize he is great, and fall in love with him - and therefore he will never get hurt.

• You have a really good point. I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to ask him about it. We definitely have a lot of talking to do still. We've talked about it quite a bit and are taking things slow, but we have a lot more to talk about I think.

What Guys Said 1

• If you feel your starting to like him and so does he? Sure.

But be prepared for the worst...hurting each other in the end.

I'd still go for it though but it's really up to you.

• Thanks, I think we're going to cause I do like him and think I could potentially fall in love with him, but like you said, we have to be prepared to get hurt. I'm more worried about hurting him, but I don't wanna get hurt either. : /

What Girls Said 1

• Give it more time I would say you don't want to lead him on either if his feeling get stronger and yours do not. But just let him know that you want to get to know him more and talk and interact before acutally dating.You are not a bad person you seem to have good intentions but it would be hurting him more down the line. I personally would not want to just because I always believe honesty is the best policy.

• Well that's the thing, that's what we are already trying to do is take things really slow, but I am being totally honest with him and he still wants to date me/for me to be his girlfriend and I'd like that to. I just don't have feelings as strong as his(yet atleast). So I think me ans him have a lot more talking to do and I have a lot more thinking to do. Thanks for the advice. :)