What is the length of time you should date before?

My son hasn't dated much due to focusing on his career. He just met a gal online and after meeting 4 times and going out only 2 of those I found she is now telling all on Facebook they are in a relationship and he is her boyfriend. l may be old school but 2 non sexual dates and not knowing anything about each other really bothers me. Should I worry or just let it go. l feel when you are lonely or don't know anyone because of just moving, that you should not go heavy into any kind of relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you so worried about your sons love life? My mother was the same way and just made me furious, she once asked me if I was gay in the kitchen, while I was washing the dishes.

She thought because I never had girls over and stuff.

I told her that she will meet her when I am ready to let her meet my girlfriend, because I myself want to know if she is worthy of being brought home to meet my parents.

And if the girl is showing interest in your son, isn't that a good thing.

My advice is let it go, don't get involved.

What Guys Said 3

• Quit spying on your son. This will cause him to have a lonely life. Don't make a big deal out of anyone he dates or hangs out with. They may know each other a lot more than the old fashioned meeting in a bar due to online chatting that you don't know about.

• There's nothing wrong with them deciding that they're going to date exclusively after two dates.

• How old is your son? Because you really shouldn't be worrying about him if he's an adult

What Girls Said 2

• You should let it go, step back and let him decide who he wants to be in a relationship with. This is a conversation that the two of THEM should be having, not you. For all you know, she might be calling him her boyfriend, but he might not be saying the same things. And maybe in those 4 meet ups they found out a lot about each other, and wand to find out more. That's how relationships start. You meet someone, you like them so far, you keep hanging out with them, and eventually you end up together. (if it works out)

Just let this run its course.

• Quit worrying about your son. He can decide to make a girl his girlfriend after two dates, what if he really likes her? And if he doesn't its not like he is marrying her tomorrow so I don't really see how you can be so worried. If you meet her I hope your nice to her, overprotective mothers can put on a big strain on a couple when their starting out.