How to suggest free dates without looking "Cheap"?

Hi there People!

I consider myself a frugal person in almost everything I do, and one of the things I like doing is finding free things to do in my own time and not paying for anything at all. Anyways, onto my real question.

There are some people I would like to hang out with, but I don't wanna come across as "cheap" if we ended up hanging out. I wanna know what's a good way to suggest things to do that are free. Any good positive suggestions you can think of to help me with this?

When I mean "dates" I mean things to suggest to people I would like to get to know better.

Most Helpful Guy

• All you have to do is say "spending a lot of money on dates doesn't help you get to know the other person any better, and that's what's really important about dating. The economy sucks, so why don't we play it smart, and find fun things to do that don't cost much if anything?"

Any guy who doesn't understand and agree to that is a moron. Sure, he might want to go on a "spend money" date occasionally, but if he has any brain at all, he'll appreciate you for being this way.

I hardly spend any money dating my girl, and she LOVES the dates we've been on, and I've always gotten the best feedback from the lowest-cost dates. Girls don't feel like you're trying to "buy" them, and like that you're paying attention to THEM, and put some thought into it, and that's a big win across the board.

What Guys Said 2

• This is under relationships and you mention dates.

If you're talking about suggesting free things to do with a man, most men will not think of that as cheap in a bad way, they'll think you can enjoy yourself without him spending a ton of money on you, and view it as a big plus.

• how about a cafe. a drink should be under $5

What Girls Said 0