How can I use online dating sites effectively?

I'm 27 and I don't get to go out to pubs/bars to meet men much as all my friends apart from one have children so I'm going to have to resort to online dating. I'm looking for a relationship, not casual sex, but I don't want to get married/have kids for at least two years as I'm currently at university. I tried online dating in the past but the problem I found was if you're not looking to get married right away men assume you're up forr casual sex (even though I stated I wasn't after it on my profile, I didn't check it in my "looking for" nor did I have slutty pics up). How should I word what I'm looking for on my profile?

What Guys Said 2

• Say just what you said here:

"I'm only looking for someone who is also interested in a real, committed, monogamous relationship. I'm not looking to get married or have children anytime soon, as I'm still in college and want to finish and start a career, but that may be a possibility down the road.

"Guys just looking for 'casual' or 'FWB' should look elsewhere."

Be crystal clear about what you want and don't want. You'll still get the occasional idiot who can't read or thinks he will be an "exception", but for the most part, you'll get the guys who want what you want.

• Good answer thank you :)

• I'm not a big fan of online dating, because it has never worked for me.

What Girls Said 0