What is your opinion on First Date Kisses?

Do you believe in kissing on the first date? If so, what kind of kiss? Kiss on the cheek? Quick peck on the lips, no tongue? Tongue?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well ,actually I have never been on a serious date before but I prefer that if I knew a girl more than a month or two.. I would definitely give her quick lip kiss... otherwise If I met a girl recently like 1-2 weeks then I would prefer a kiss on her cheeks because she would't find it awkward :)

• I've known him for a while, we realized we liked one another and decided to go out on a date. I get the sense he is very inexperienced, so I don't know if he will even go in for the kiss... I doubt he would actually. But if he did, I'm thinking a simple kiss on the lips would be best? idk

• That guy is just like me LOL

I think you should then give a cheek kiss so he can open up to you ... don't rush things

• Thanks :) He already told me he is going to be nervous lol

What Guys Said 13

• I've kissed on the first date if I felt the chemistry was there. A little tongue, not full-on making out yet.

• A date that doesn't end in a 10 second passionate (but not overblown) makeout sesh is a failure in my book.

• Well..I have had sex on first date...I guess that I would recommend kissing on 2nd date and that as a quick good-bye peck...not sure that I have ever voiced this opinion on here...but my attitude is such that I would want to see a relationship moving forward...the speed of the progress is not so much the issue...only that there IS progress...almost every female I have ever been with had sex with me within the first 4 dates...but that was their doing...I honestly think that most non-player males are going to allow females to unfold at whatever rate they wish as long as things continue to move forward...(:(:(:

• My first date ever was french all the way from dusk til dawn. lol. it was gross. I only went with it because we ran out things to talk about and I didn't knew what I was doing.

Kiss on the cheek or quick peck sounds delightful. There was this one chickie who knew how to press my buttons; and by the end of the date, I wanted her clothes off. Instead of giving me what she wanted, she gave me the sweetest tasting kiss I have ever had. It just depends on the chemistry in my opinion.

• depends on the chemistry.

if there's a lot of chemistry, maybe.

if there's no chemistry, definitely not.

or if there's a little chemistry, but still the uncertainly, don't kiss them, but pull back and let them anticipate it for the next time you see them.

• If I get no kiss I will think she is not interested, if its on the cheek that's like she wants to be friends.

A pek on the lips is like she wants a relationship or is still not fully attracted, and a french kiss means I will expect sex soon but not ruling out a relationship.

• Yes i believe in kissing on a first date, but it depends on the woman. If we both had a great time, and we both seem to have mutual feelings then it might be more than a peck. Sometimes i dont even feel like kissing on the first date because i dont see myself going on a second date

• I think a good first date should end with a long kiss with little or no tongue... Unless you wanna sleep with him, which is perfectly fine despite what some "real ladies" might tell you... Then you can slober your tongue all over him

• Depends on the date. I'm all for a smooch if the night went well.

• Well...personally...I think it's too fast...but maybe you twos feeling is so strong...

• Quick peck on the lips. No tongue.

• I think if it's a really good date, a quick one would be pleasant :P

• No way josé

What Girls Said 7

• I don't kiss on the first date. My current boyfriend and I had an amazing mind-blowing chemistry since the first date, but I made him wait until the third one. He invited me to have some dinner at his place... and when he kissed me.. he devoured me, he wanted to take me up to his room. (Didn't allow it, we had sex 3 weeks later)

I liked that lusty explosion. So I wouldn't kiss on the first date. I'd make the guy work to conquer me even if we know it went well.

• First let me say I can't believe people will let a question go this long without rating it...anyway.

No tongue for me or from me just yet. If the connection was stupendous a little lip to lip action might do the end justice ( just a lttle though.).

Or if it's a little too soon maybe just a peck on the cheek,or quick peck on the lips.

Definitely nothing if we didn't vibe too well.

• Well I've only ever been on one first date and that ended with me giving him a quick kiss on the lips and then practically running inside my house because I was so nervous. But I'd known him for over a month by that point and I could tell that he had been wanting to kiss me for a big portion of the date.

I think how long you've known the person should be a huge factor in what kind of kiss you have on the first date, if any at all.

• I've known him for like five years haha. we've known we both like each other for.about two months. so.we've known each other for a while but it's going from "friends to lovers" that feels awkward! I know we will be fine after getting past the awkward.stage but it's getting through it that will be kinda.weird!

• Yeah, I think they're an indicator of whether or not the date went well. I would say it shouldn't be any more than one semi-long kiss with a little tongue. At least a peck on the cheek.

• No not on the first date. We need to leave them with a little mystery and we need to stay classy on the first date. Maybe the second or third

• Not on the first date even if there is amazing chemistry

But on the second or third dare

• any is fine but for me personally it is hard to stay objective once we start making out because (as long as it feels good with him and there is some connection) I feel much more bonded to him.

that happened with a guy I dated we kissed on our second date (but we were really strangers so I appreciate that it took until the second) and then we naturally started making out and I liked him before we kissed but making out really deepened how connected I felt to him...which wasn't such a good thing considering he wasn't too trustworthy as I discovered later on, so my body was wanting him more and telling me to stick with him but my mind wasn't sure yet because I didn't feel fully safe.

argh...