Dear men, is it true that you start to play hard to get when you start to really like a girl?

so I've heard from a couple of different guys that at first when they like a girl they show that they're interested. like text her and call her and ask her to hang out, but once they start to develop real feelings for her they start overthinking things and wanting to not come off as too eager so they begin to pull back a little bit. start playing hard to get and hot/cold (not texting her back sometimes, waiting for her to start conversations, etc.) but then they screw up half the time if the girl is also playing hard to get and both parties just figure the other one isn't interested lol. is this true?

if yes in your case, explain why you do this

if no, then what do you do when you start to develop feelings for a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that/s not true.

Avoiding being a clingy mess is not the same thing as playing hard to get.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't play hard to get. I hate when girls do it to me and I wouldn't do it myself. However I wouldn't be super easy either. I'd want her to know that I genuinely am interested in her for a special reason rather than me just wanting her because she's hot or something.

• Not me. I get at it. My classic opening is "hey its cold out today, I brought you hot chocolate"

Bam. I care, I have spending money. I enjoy warm chocolate drinks

• Well I'm ussually not a shy guy, but if I reaallly like a girl, I'll tend to say stupid sh*t and be intimidated by her because I'm trying to impress her which ussually leads to me gettting f***ed over... So ussually when I like a girl a lot I tend to try and make friends with her and gradually develop the friendship rather than go straight into it. Most girls tho no I don't play hard to get I straight up ask them if they wanna hang out.

• This is a totally a true game and god! I hate that!

Because If you give too much attention to a girl she'll find it too easy and it will turn off her. At the other side, if you don't give enough attention she'll forget you... So the thing here is to make her run a bit after you so you know that she's attracted to you and you'll keep her interrest. I would like to say that I don't play in that game but if I don't, I'll stay single... so I play that game even if I hate it so much... -_-

What Girls Said 2

• I heard from guys that they tend not to like playing the hard to get game, because they tend not to overthink like girls do. There are always exceptions, though.

I would suggest checking in to see what the guy really thinks.

Hope it helps!

• honestly if they are pulling back too much they are often not interested and girls assume "OMG he likes me so much that he is playing hard to get"

not true. they may not text you every second but if they are interested they will be texting and calling at least every few days. end of story.