College dating a total waste of time for men?

I argued this with some female friends. They kind of threw it back in my face saying iv never dated blah blah... but I want to know what you honestly think girls and guys. If your the typical college student struggling to get by without student debt, or with it... doesn't dating in college seem totally retarded? I know some girls on here are going to say "you can split dates sometimes" but I've never met a guy whose actually done that in real life. If there is a guy I know who did, well I obviously don't know about it because the girl sure didn't stick around lol. I get why girls would date in college. Why wouldn't they? But for guys... its just plain dumb and I know if roles were switched around girls would say the exact same thing as me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have argues with my boyfriend from the very beginning on letting me pay for dates. We switch off on everything we buy, or we split bills. It wasn't like this at the beginning, but he knows I won't let him pay or everything. It's absurd that anyone would even let that happen. We're both broke college students, so why not be mutually as broke. Haha. In all seriousness, though, look for sales on food; oven pizzas and such, there's a five dollar meal for both of you and you can stay in and watch a movie. Cook something together, my boyfriend and I cook together all the time, it's a really good way to get close with someone. It should be about the company, not the money. Just a thought, if you're at a lack of money for flowers for a special occasion or something, just go pick a bouquet of flowers, like the ones right from the ground. It's the thought that counts!

What Girls Said 6

• Going on a date doesn't mean you need to break the bank. Colleges and most college towns offer plenty of events and activities that you could do, a barely have to spend a dime. If your taking a girl out and all she is worried about is the money in your wallet. Find a different girl. It's college, everyone is broke and you have an excuse to be a bit of a cheapskate. Get creative. I personally always found it was the creative dates that were more fun and interesting.

• You should only date if you really like the girl.don't date just to get laid.guys who do that always fail

Girls hook up all the time you don't even have to spend money if that's the biggest issue for u

• lol I'm not into hooking up.

• You got to get creative and think of some super cheap or free things to do together. I love just going down to this creek everyone hangs out at with a packed lunch. It is simple yet a lot of fun. Plus there is always free stuff going on at campus. Well there should be, I go to a relativity small school and we have movie nights and you can find free pizza about once a month if you just go to a clubs meeting, even if you haven't joined.

• ha... that just makes you look super cheap. And how many times have you heard girls they just wanted to be treated like 'a princess'... lol not gonna fly with 95% of girls

• Im not saying all the time just if you are trying to get to know each other its a good first step. I feel like most college relationships don't get very far

• Yay for cheap/free events!

Ad I just went on the first date with my bf(we've been together for a year already though long distance) and he payed but I'm not planning on letting him pay after this. I'm going to try to always have us split for the the rest of our relationship. It is hard though because he has a job and I have none. I'll try to make it work though (:

• you don't have to date anyone if you don't feel you are into dating right now. regardless your age and your academic rank.

• Maybe . I think it's a waste of time in general

What Guys Said 4

• College is the perfect opportunity to date, you get to meet lots of new people. Once you get a job...your pretty much stuck with the same old people and you will regret what you just said now. Get creative and stopped making excuses. Go find someone you love and ignore the barriers.

• It's for experience for when you're older I guess. If you've never dated someone you're going to be inexperienced which isn't really a good thing.

Dating also helps you find what you like in the opposite gender, what characteristics etc.

+ you're all hormonal and stuff.

• So you're saying it's dumb to date, because college guys are broke.

• So are you saying that your penis is just a vestigial organ?