Dating a girl with more money.

So, a friend set me up on a blind date with her good friend. We have gone on a few dates, and we get along well. She's smart, cute, and very nice. She's very affectionate, which I really like.

The only thing is, she seems to come from a wealthy family. She always comes in a nice car. Tonight it was a new Lexus (her family has a few different cars). She has nice clothes and talks about her and her friend going on a cruise in the near future. I on the other hand come from a very modest background. I drive a plain Jane Camry, and have never set foot on a cruise ship.

I feel uncomfortable with this, and worry that it will raise issues. It's not like she acts like a brat. She has a few part time jobs and works hard. It's just that I'm concerned that I won't be able to impress her or afford to take her on fancy dates. I work hard and make enough money to take her to dinner, movies, drinks, etc, but I can't help but feel like a bum...

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all girls are impressed with money, not all girls would consider money a reason to date or not date someone.

If she seems nice and lovely, just go on more dates! I'm sure she doesn't mind.

I once dated a guy who was kinda rich, and I felt uncomfortable too. We broke up but not because of the money. I know it can be quite intimidating if someone's wealthy. If you feel more comfortable with her, try to raise the issue and see what she says? Like I said, I'm sure it won't raise a problem or anything.

What Girls Said 2

• Be yourself and she would like that quality in you - since; it'll show her you're not affected by minor things like - the difference in status. And truly want to be with her

• I'm the same way with guys who have more money than me. (well their families do anyway) I personally couldn't get past it because I found that I really couldn't relate with them.

What Guys Said 3

• Here's where you have to get kinda rigid, for your own good.

Be yourself. Your fun self? Your interesting self? Your romantic self? Sure. Everyone has many selves.

You offer her that. If she wants more, remember that you are giving her yourself, and that's all you have to give.

If she lives on the premise that a man's role in the relationship is to pay for things and give gifts, you don't have much to gain from such a relationship. It would only consist of you constantly trying to prove you are a "real man" by trying to impress a rich girl with money.

There are a million ways to be a real man. You need to find yours, and offer her that. I think you'll find that'll be all that matters to her. But if it isn't enough. If she needs more flashy showmanship, get out of there before she rips your heart up without you even noticing.

• I don't have a problem dating a girl with more money than me. Does she have a sister? Cousin? Neighbor?

• So?