Dating question about age?

This is to guys who are 25ish. Would you date a 19 year old and take her seriously or would you stick to girls around your age?

Most Helpful Guy

• Seeing as I am now older than 25, I can speak with hindsight. Basically my answer is this; It depends on the girl, and what she's like. If she is serious and grown up, I will treat her as such. If she is immature and stupid, I will treat her as such. I generally treated people they way they deserved, and it was not based on their age. When I was 25 I started dating a girl who just turned 19. We are still dating now. The year before that, I had a few relationships with younger girls, because I liked them at first. However, I lost interest, because they turned out they weren't who I thought they were.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that it depends on the girl, and how she acts. Based on how you act, you might get treated the way you deserves, however, do not act a certain way just to impress the guy. Be yourself, and if it works out for you,all the better, but if he doesn't like you for who you are, then you're better off. If he can't treat you with respect, or take you seriously for being who you are, then you're better off. All in all, just take a chance. It's worth a shot.

• that's right...i m 25 but I wouldn't mind to date a 19 year girl, if she is mature enough...

What Guys Said 13

• I'm older than that, but I've been there. Always a mistake to chase girls who are really a whole generation younger. 25 and 19 are a generation apart in life experience. Guys should stick to girls their own age or older imao.

• "a generation apart in life experience" - wtf is that supposed to mean?

• Thanks, gialuan, I never answer questions starting with wtf..That's exactly the point. A 19 year old girl of course thinks of herself as so mature, but she's barely out of high school. Mature, har har har...There are some exceptions, but most are still nearly children, whereas a 25 year old is pretty much an adult.

• I'm finishing college and I'm 19... So it's a matter of personal experiences.

• I'm 29, and I would not consider dating a girl under 21. First I think the ability to order a drink at a restaurant is important, because that means I can order one in front of her too.

Also one at the age of 19 and one as old as 29 are at different stages of our lives. I graduated from college and have already launched my career and have decided on the location where I will live for a long time. One who is 19 is probably still a college student and has no idea in which city she will land in after graduation. So the fact that I have planted my roots and a 19 year old girl has not is a big deal.

Also the club scene has passed me, and I'd rather go to a place a lot less noisy. But a 19 year old girl can hardly wait to start going into clubs (without a fake ID).

• I think most 25ish guys would love to date a 19 year old. There are two things, the maturity thing (you don't want to feel like you're dating a child) and then there is the doubt if you should approach such a young girl. See, being rejected is one thing, being rejected by someone that is much younger is another. I would be hesitant to approach a 19 year old, so be sure you are pro active on this one (which would also say: "I'm mature").

• They'd love to because they can take advantage of their lack of experience. They don't have the moxie to handle women their own age.

• I was just doing some voluntary work only a few hours ago and some of the girls were about 4 years younger. It was difficult to tell if some of them found me attractive (not unusual for girls going for older guys).

I prefer someone older as I've matured just a little faster myself (I've been mistaken to be in my late 30s since I was 20 even though I look 15 to a few people). A few years is a massive difference for me, so I would answer 'no' in most scenarios though not impossible. It's not so much maturity as it is seeing the world differently (I'm a serious thinker and not many people my age can keep up).

The point is for a strong relationship to develop (unless it's just FWB), I need someone I can be on the same wavelength and girls who are younger I very quickly become a guardian figure - even when I don't want to be.

• I personally like younger girls and to be honest, I'd date girls younger than 18 with no problem if it weren't against the law. I think society takes age a bit too seriously.

• I dated a girl who was 7 years younger then me when I was 25 to 26. It was a really awesome relationship...

...until I found out she was a pig roast with my friends. Not sure if that answers your question.

• As someone 18, almost 19.. I wouldn't date a girl 3 years under unless she seemed VERY mature and I had an actual connection with her, which is a very slim chance. It depends on the kind of guy he is and the kind of girl you are..

• I couldn't really say that I have a "type." I usually find myself dating older women and being attracted to older women.

Doesn't mean that a 19 year old is out of the running. Just not what I usually go for.

• depends on the girl I am 35 I have meet women that were far more mature at 18 then girl that are in there 30's and 40's. my grandmother was 15 when she married my grandfather he was 32 they were happly married 55 years he died 2005. younger girl have to work harder to prove that they more mature.

• Depends on the girl really

• i can't friend you :(

• Lol no I wouldn't take her seriously. There is no way a mature (keyword there) 25 year old would be able to seriously relate to a 19 year old girl. We would be at 2 way different places in life.

• I'm 48. I would a 19 y/o in a nanosecond as long as she was OK with it. She's a adult within the law, so what's wrong with it?

What Girls Said 3

• At 19 I dated a man who was 27 with no age-related issues. We only broke up because we were both moving away and didn't want to do the long distance thing. A while before that, I was with a guy who was 24, and also had a 29-year old pursuing me. They were all perfectly aware of how old I was, and I didn't alter my behavior in any way around them.

I guess it's down to personality - on both sides. I've been attracted to older guys for as long as I can remember. At the moment I've started dating a guy who is a few months younger than me, and I'm finding that although he is pretty mature for his age, he still seems like a kid in comparison to the other guys I've been with :/

• Would depend on how mature each of them are really, as well as likes and dislikes.

• I dated a 26 year old and I'm 20.

There really was no age-related issue, I found that he acted a lot like he was my age. I think a lot of guys act younger than they are..but as always it depends.