Why did I get stood up?

So the other day I met a guy who wanted to take me out on a date, the classic dinner and movie which was great but for some reason I couldn't get excited because I had a deep down feeling that this date wasn't going to happen, there were no bad vibes from him or anything it was just Friday night he never told me he wanted to go out so I made plans with my friends to go out but then those fell through so he wanted to try to go at first it takes him forever to decide what movie he wants to see so at around 9:30 he decides he wants to see looper which is fine but he took forever to text back and the movie started at 10:30 at about 10:05 he decides that he wants until Saturday because he wanted to take me out the right way and go to dinner first (the movies and resturants don't close till about 1:30am-ish so I found that weird) so then we ended up talking on the phone, he told me his phone was dying and that he would call back... never did. today all day I didn't hear a single word for him, I couldn't even get into shopping with for the date with my friends because that feeling started creeping again. So I figured after 7:30 I sent him a text saying "thanks for standing up" and still I Haven't heard a single word from him. I'm seriously trying to understand what happened?!

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, you decided to send him a text saying " Thanks for standing me up"? yeah, you kind of lessened the chances more of him not responding anytime soon.

To be honest there's not enough info. to know why he stood you up exactly, and it's possible he didn't intend on standing you up. ( You didn't ask this but) I would not have sent anything.

I'd give it 'one' more shot if he doesn't follow through and has no reason or explanation of why then I would just cut him loose altogether ( no hard feelings)...people don't have time or feelings to waste.

You don't have to hold out hope or wait but just give him a little more time to play the possible potential mate in your life...you'll find out in due time. :)

What Guys Said 4

• It does not matter what happened. He lied 2 times and or played a game. Cut him loose.

• I've been in similar situations before. it sucks. How long have you known this guy for? I tend to talk to girls for about a week or 2 before I show interest and make plans, just to judge how they feel about me based on texting conversations and body language

• Maybe he when to the movies with another women, it seems like he was texting you and someone other girl. if the other girl would have said no then you probley would have been to the movies with him

• I'm really sorry you had to experience this... it's extremely hurtful isn't it?

What Girls Said 3

• this totally has happened to me before.

-.-

sometimes sh*t happens. that's how I roll with it.

• It's not you, it's him. Let it go.

• Usually when guys do that its because they made plans with more than one girl at the same time.this is a guy who is attempting to be a player. block his number and act like he never existed.