How long did it take you to get over your ex?

I didn't even date this girl that long (though we were 'close friends' for 2 years before we started dating), after 9 months my then-girlfriend decided she couldn't date me any longer and barely a week later I was getting asked if she was dating some other dude. It's been 3 months since then and even now I still can't find any interest in any other girls.

I just went out dancing with a friend and met a ton of different people, danced with a girl who was both attractive and clearly into me the entire night and though I had a lot of fun I still can't find even enough interest to ask for her phone number. How long did it take you to get over a breakup, and are there any tips you can think of?

Most Helpful Girl

• it really depends some I was already over a few days after the relationship others take months

What Girls Said 1

• it took me 2years ... well my advice to you is avoid contact with her . also avoid seeing her in person like if there is a event that you both will clash in don't go . you sound like you really liked her . the less you see her the better

What Guys Said 1

• About a year.

Besides the usual (staying busy, no contact, working out), I found that noticing all the other beautiful girls out there helped, both celebrities and girls I'd see everyday. Plus meeting and talking with new people, even if it's brief, helped too.