Resentment towards previous crush

Ok, so it's kinda complicated and I'll try to explain the best I can. I asked out my friends sister when I was in high school (I'm 26) now. She said yes, but I guess meant no and said that I was like a brother. So, until recently I have been getting quite a bit of attention from girls and dating quite a bit. All of a sudden her brother starts hinting at she doesn't like her boyfriend, and is afraid to be alone and all this crap expecting me to feel guilty to date her.

However, I feel it's like after all these years and now you wanna date me? It's kinda like oh I'm glad I can finally fit into your schedule to date and kinda resent her. Anyone ever felt this way before?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's on her brother, not her, for him to be hinting at that, IMO. Shake it off. You aren't obligated to date anyone. :)

And yes, I have resented exes before, but for different reasons.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't date her if you don't want to! It's not like she was the one to suggest anything, it was her brother. Don't do anything you don't feel like!

• Honestly it been like 10 years, you should probably be over it by now.

Have you not changed since high school or regretted anything you did then? Or even been attracted to different people than you were then?

• I can see your point, but it seems she only likes me because I'm getting attention

• lol don't pay silly girls like that any attention

What Guys Said 1