Views on dating smart chicks?

I am currently studying at university and my teacher advised that I take the dyslexia text; it works by establishing a baseline IQ using tests that don't require reading or writing; then giving tests that expose traits of dyslexia. Turns out I'm pretty severely dyslexic but no one noticed because I have an IQ of 140-something and found ways to cope. Which got me thinking, how do guys feel about dating Really smart chicks turn on or would you find it annoying/obnoxious? Actually same goes for girls and smart guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to women the smarter = the better. I personally find intelligence incredibly attractive and believe looks, personality and behavior are derivatives of intellect.

Though I will caution you as you have just found out that you have a high Intelligence Quotient: IQ is simply a measure of potential capacity and doesn't mean you can coast through your studies. IQ has only shown significant correlation with job success, so keep up the hard work and good luck with your studies!

What Guys Said 12

• Well, it depends on how you use it.

If you're always correcting me or treating me like I'm stupid, then I probably wouldn't want to date you. If you're condescending and you're just plain rude about it, then it would get annoying quickly. If you're often compared to Amy Farrah Fowler or Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory, then I wouldn't want to date someone like that.

Otherwise, I love smart women, and I love geeks (they're not always one in the same).

• Coming from a dyslexic intelligent guy, I would be very happy to meet a woman like that. In fact intelligence is one of the key qualities I look for in a girl friend or a long term relationship.

However I can't honestly say women are NOT that way. Any woman who says they find smart guys sexy or attractive is a straight up lire. Maybe I've never met an intelligent woman myself. But every woman, and I mean EVERY woman I've encountered in my life are attracted to the dumbest and most ignorant guys you could come across. I know intelligent guys that get a lot of girls, not because they were smart tho.

• Guys will all lie about this. We like dumb chicks(not retarded, just dumb) because they're easy and they're not ultra opinionated. The biggest mistakes smart chicks make is A) They're expectations are way too high. Not every guy is Mr. perfect and not every perfect guy appears perfect at first glance. B) They're way too opinionated. Just because you're smart doesn't mean you're right, nor does it mean I want your views shoved in my face. C) They're smart at everything except dating. You have no idea how many smart chicks I have seen wind up with a**holes. Guys don't actually want a girl who's got an a**hole boyfriend. That's drama we don't need, and then they end up judging every guy they date after that way too harshly to over compensate.

Being smart can be hot, but don't try to be too smart and don't try to outsmart me. It's not a d*ck measuring contest. Be smart when it counts and let the rest go.

• I don't care if a girl has an IQ of 2000 as long as she can remain somewhat humble and not develop arrogance or hubris.

• As long as she has some personality to go with that it is perfect. Unfortunately, quite some people that are very intelligent are socially awkward, especially guys.

• I agree, or most of them have no common sense. Usually people are either book smart or street smart, I have yet to meet someone who was both.

• I consider myself both though, I have a masters in Nanotechnology and a very rich social life.

• My wife has a masters and a post masters degree. I too.

My daughter in law has a ph.dr.

NOT annoying/obnoxious at all.

• as long as she doesn't mind dating somebody with high school education and a mediocre job. any "smart girl" probably wouldnt

• I really don't think brains has anything to do with you lifestyle choice and who you choose to date for whatever reason..

• Well, excuse me. Sorry if that blew right over your head :3

• umm no that's why I pretty much told you to shut up, sry if that blew right over your head :3

• if she was smart she wouldn't think about boys lol

• 140 damn that's really good

• I love smart chicks. Add regular biking/hiking, and a "let's do it" attitude and I'm there.

• well I think the chemistry matters more than smartness

• As long as she doesn't use it to cruise through life and instead to invest deeply in it.

What Girls Said 1

• I find brains super sexy, not going to lie. you can be as good looking as you want, but if you come off as stupid and ignorant then it's a huge turnoff, I would much rather date a really smart somewhat attractive guy (yes, looks still do come into play, I do have to be sexually attracted to him..)