Girls with no dating experience

Boys, what would you think if you found out the girl you were into had never had a boyfriend, been kissed, etc.

I am 19, and the older I get the more scared I am to enter a relationship. I hear people complaining about so and so being a bad kisser and whatnot. I am a really self conscious person and I feel like everyone around my age already knows what is going on. Heck, most my friends had their first kiss in like sixth grade.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, keep in mind that there are a lot of people (guys and girls) just like you. In high school, people like to exaggerate and even lie. And there's plenty of people who are popular likable and cool who don't have a lot of experience.

19 is young and you have time, but it depends how you project your inexperience.

If you project it like its a liability, you're sorry for it, and you think it makes you inferior, it won't work for you.

If you project it like you were just busy with other things, but now you're ready to date, with a spin of optimism, then you'll be just fine.

What Guys Said 9

• I think an inexperienced girl is so cute! I would defintely date one and would be honored if I was her first everything. Don't let this stuff get to you. Spend enough time on here and you'll realize that there are many people just like you, even in their 20s and there is nothing wrong with that. Your lack of experience doesn't say anything about who you are, you're still a great girl regardless. Any guy or girl that gives you crap about it isn't worth your time.

• Well, In my opinion that is GREAT.. one of my girls back when I was 18 got there first kiss from me and she was 19 at the time. She had told me that this was her first encounter with a boy... so I instructed her not to force things and to follow me.. if two people are fighting direction its horrible.. kisses are sensual and passionate...i.e soft... so just tell the person and follow them if you aren't experienced let the one with skills take led..

p.s its a great thing ..;)

• If I found that out I would be very happy. I have been in a relationship with only one girl. We were together for a year and a half and it went very close to us having sex (I'm still a virgin) but I couldn't because something didn't feel right. A few weeks later, I learned that she wasn't the girlfriend I thought she was.

Save yourself for someone special (not necessarily marriage) but don't go for the first guy that pays attention to you. I made that mistake with my girlfriend when I was depressed and I am still scarred from it.

Also, having too much experience usually causes jealousy and further insecurity issues. I know I had these issues (and still do) when my girlfriend had more experience than I did.

• It is fine with me, as long as you are not closed like a bank vault and that you show that you care and want a relatiomship and don't wait for the guy to do anything, you will be fine.

• If she's hot, I'd love it. I have no dating experience either.

• You are incredibly lucky. Innocent girls are probably the most sincere, loving partners I have ever had...carpe diem

• lack of experience hurts guys more than girls, because girls expect guys to be rough, dominant

• Is she hot?

• That's a good thing! I wanted my first kiss to be with someone who'd never kissed before but I thought since I was 18 already it'd be hard to find a girl with no expierience and also I liked this girl who was experienced (took me ages to decide that I still wanted her to be my girlfriend even though she was experienced). But anyway, even now if I was gonna have a relationship with someone else I'd be happy with her having no experience

And hey, don't worry if you're older than most people are when they had theirs, it just makes it more special :)

What Girls Said 6

• Guys may be surprised that you don't have dating experience at all (not sexual experience, but just going out, etc.). It's a compliment to you because they think it's impossible you haven't been snatched up by a guy already. It makes many guys feel more protective of you, but may make some guys feel like you're "easy prey," so just be careful who you are with and only go out with the ones who show a genuine "protective" instinct around you.

• I started going on dates at a young age, but never was "with" anyone until my first weekend of college. I was 18 when I had my first everything (kiss, boyfriend, sex, etc.) And I was 20 when I had my first REAL relationship that lasted for more than a month or two.

Although, my number of kisses as dramatically increased over the years, I can easily say that everyone kisses differently. Your first kiss with someone is ALWAYS awkward, no matter how much experience you have. You just sort of learn to adapt to the particular kissing style of that person. It is a fairly simple thing to do. People who complain about bad kissers are usually the one who can't adapt, i.e. they are the bad kisser.

A good guy who really likes you won't care about that stuff. I actually have had guys tell me they think its hott.

• From my experience, when most guys found out I had never had a boyfriend they were just surprised. One guy tried really hard to get me to give him my "making out virginity" but I just waited until I met my amazing boyfriend to experience all those things. Most guys get excited about being a girl's first, well pretty much anything.

• I am in the same situation, but I am 21! I've felt exactly what you describe but at one point I decided it is not worth to force the situation. First don't be scared! It will be so much more special when you find the right person! You might have to watch out for guys trying to take advantage of you if they know, but my guess is that they will feel more protective and even more attracted to that innocence.

• I'm 22 though same thing. Sometimes I just cry myself to sleep at night. :(

• I wonder what are we not doing, or if we are doing something wrong :P but life isn't over, I am sure we all will find someone worth it in the future

• You're still young! I wonder what they would think of a 27 year old who's never been in a relationship, never been kissed, never had sex, never had anything to do with another guy. Most people say I'm pretty, I don't know how I came to this situation. and then comes the question, are you lesbian? Ugh! I hate that.

• i was in the same place as you (except I'm 17) but I honestly just wanted to get that out of the way. I didn't want my first kiss with a guy that I actually liked to be really bad, because I heard from all my friends that first kisses suck. so technically I skipped over a first kiss and had my first hook up. and second hook up. in the same night. and I really don't regret it at all. I don't even know the first guys name, but the second guy I've texted with every single day since our first hook up. maybe my first kiss was with someone I don't care about at all, but so what? I like it better now having the (smallest bit of) experience