Guys with cell phones - social experiment/survey ?

Guys - have a think for a second. Who is your best male friend?

Now, please take out your phones, and look in your Messages, and please check how many SMS / text messages have you sent to your best friend in the last 30 days.

If you could give your age as well in the answer, that'd be great, since I think young people text more than older people anyway.

• Less than 5 texts in the last 30 days.
  • Between 5 and 10 texts in the last 30 days.
  • Between 10 and 20 texts in the last 30 days.
  • Between 20 and 50 texts in the last 30 days.
  • More than 50 texts in the last 30 days.
Update - Wow, there's a guy who texted his male friend more than 50 times?

I have to ask... are you gay, or is there some other extenuating circumstances?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have texted my best male friend exactly zero times in the past month. I'm 32.

By contrast, I'm seeing about 250 texts back and forth between my woman and I, I figure I've probably sent about half of those, but I'm certainly not going to count them.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Less than 5, in fact, zero within the last 30 days to most male contacts on my phone, including family lol.

But I text a LOT with my stepdaughter, like 5 per day lol.

• Thanks for selecting the less than 5 option. I really am focusing on the "best friend" aspect, not things like family relationships.

• ummm. I don't think I've ever texted him. Ever. For two reasons. I don't have a txting plan. And I don't know his cell.

• Don't feel like counting, but I'd imagine it's more than 50 if you are meaning each individual message and not just the entire conversation?

• Wish there was an F for "See results/have no cell phone" (yes, I really don't, it's a complete waste of money)

• @update: I haven't voted, but I'd imagine over 30 days it's not hard to text someone over 50 times lol. Especially since texts are short and some like longer conversations? I dunno. Maybe I'm looking at texting like IMing online with an actual computer since I don't have any means to text anyways.

• Never texted him before, but I only met him a couple of weeks ago xD

• And he's your best friend already?

• Yeah. I've just started uni and I don't have that many friends

• Okay, I think we'll consider you an exception to the trend.