Is it bad to date someone younger?

I have this really good friend who is 18 and I am 20. He told me that he wants to date me but he said that I should tell him whether I want or not. Is OK for me to date a guy who's 18?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's fine. One of my good friends from college is married to a gal who's two years older than he is.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, this is fine as long as you like him. He's legal and you're legal, and in reality your age isn't that different. If you were two or three years older than you are now I might say something different. But go for it.

• Yes it's fine to date someone younger than yourself. Really, what is age other than a number? You're both of legal age.

What Girls Said 2

• So long as they're legal lol. It's not bad, but it depends on the mindset and capatibility. Some 18 year olds are immature, whilst others behave like they're 35 and have their stuff together already mentally and sometimes physically.( friend of mine got his first apartment at 18,) depends on the guy. No one's going to judge you for dating a younger person. Maybe tease you but nothing serious.

• Yeah, it's MORE than fine. Two years is not a big difference and he's legal. I dated someone who was 17 (I'm 21) this past summer. I really struggled to accept that age difference even though he was so good for me and was extremely mature for his age (having basically raised himself)-- I've known him forever, so it definitely wasn't something I planned on happening because I'm freakin 21, but it did. We put things "on hold" because we are at two different points in our lives.

The point is, if he makes you happy and you are both in similar stages of your life where it can work, be with him.

• Our relationship was more supportive/ emotional base than physical due to him being illegal**