Would you use a coupon on a first date?

Heard this on the radio this morning.

Would you use a coupon on a first date?

Is that cheap?

What's your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did once, but only because it was HER coupon and she INSISTED. We were going to the place anyway, but she loved saving money with coupons and other things, so she dug out a 20% off coupon and insisted I use it.

I would never do that of my own accord, though.

Also, I treat wait staff very well, and I tip well unless the service is awful. I've waited tables before, so I know what they have to deal with, and if they make a real effort, their tip reflects that.

What Guys Said 13

• The ONLY way that works is

you agree both are broke or college broke

you agree you both deserve to have some fun, even if via coupon crutches

the reward looks good enough to pay full price for

• Would a girl have sex on the first date?

• Nooo! At least I wouldn't personally, I wanna make a good first impression and not look like a cheapskate.

• not if you wanted a second date

• It depends.

• Only if you know your date is frugal or likes people who are frugal. When in doubt, don't use it.

• Lol Hell no!

On the first date, I go all out.

2nd date, go dutch.

• Do coupons get you dates?

• I don't see any problem with doing that...(:(:(:

• Absolutely not no coupon is worth enough to do this

• I would use a coupon on a first date, however, a coupon would not determine where the date is. I like to keep things real--if I have a 50% off at Olive Garden but I don't feel like eating Olive Garden on that date, then guess where that date won't be. Coupons are nice to have if you are paying for the date, but only if the coupons are for where you want to go.

• GroupOn in the houseeeeeeee

• Hahahaha never ever

What Girls Said 10

• A coupon? Depends. My first date with my boyfriend was at an attraction center. He had a summer pass which allowed him to provide a free entry for a non-member so he invited me and I didn't have to pay for my entry. We're still together after a year.

• I've only used cinema coupons when I was watching a movie with someone from my family. I would feel guilty somehow if I was to use it with someone else.

I guess I would feel the same with other types of coupons.

So I wouldn't use them on dates either.

• If I invited a guy out on a date, I wouldn't use a coupon. That would just kind of indicate that I'm not really doing stuff I want to do with him, but something that will save me money. If we were out together, I might say "Oh hey, I have a coupon for this place I've been meaning to try! Want to go check it out together?" That would be okay. And I'd consider it okay if the situation were reversed as well.

But inviting someone somewhere because you've got a coupon is kind of awkward.

• Why not?! It's a smart thing to do! It shows the person likes to save!

Who ever thinks it's stupid, IS stupid! If anything it's funny! :P

I always wonder, and never quite understand those people showing off they pay SO much money for this and that,...

Like REALLY? ? ? Sucks for YOU! I got it on SALE! 2 for 1! :D haha

• No, never on the first date.

A guy who uses a coupon on the first date with me, I'll drop him in a matter of seconds.

- UNLESS, I already known him for a while and it's something, he suggested to me beforehand.

• Ow, so mean hahaha!

• He probably can afford it, but why pay full price when you have a way to pay less? it's smart. sad that you don't see that

• He use the coupon with his other friends or the next date with someone else. Just not on me.

• No, I wouldn't use it.

• Sure I would! Say It was ice cream or something.

• Lol food wise, a coupon shouldn't be pulled out on a date. However, if you're going to the movies, its okay to show yalls college IDs so you can get a discount to get in. People here do that all the time lol

• noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Not on the first few dates but after a month or two, I would