I just went on the worst date of my life. Please tell me not all guys are like this??

I just went on a date with a guy I met a couple of weeks ago. He seemed great, sweet, cute and funny. We had lunch, then we went to see a movie and then for coffee. We spoke about everything and we had a great time. We laughed and shared a lot of things and we are very similar. At one point he even started wondering what we could do next time we saw each other.

At the end of the date (we had been together for like 6 hours) he looked at me and said "so, shall we go to a brothel?". It wasn't a joke, he was serious. I said "um, NO". He said "ok" and then we went on saying goodbye and he told me he´d call me to go out again.

Of course, I never heard from him again (it´s been two weeks).

I lost faith in humanity. Seriously. Please, tell me not all guys are like this. I know and understand that you need sex and I´m fine with it. But sometimes I feel like hitting people who make me upset and I don´t do it because I have manners and I respect other people.

He was definetely not joking. He was very serious and when I said no he didn´t say "i was joking" he said "ok" and got this very annoyed look on his face. Then he told me he had to leave, he kissed me on the cheek and said "goodbye, I´ll call you".
It was a terrible date because when he said that, he made me feel as if the last 5 hours we had spent together getting to know each other meant absolutely nothing and while I was telling him what I want to do with my career he was probably thinking "I don´t give a f***, I just want to bang her"

Most Helpful Guy

• From what you've described, that guy is the biggest, most clueless jackass to ever walk the Earth. No, that is NOT normal.

Rest assured, most guys aren't that socially inept. Sure, many guys are just looking for sex, but even most of them can be decent about it. And it's not your fault; it doesn't sound like he gave you any real warning signs about his douchey attitude before that. Just forget about him and try again. Not every date is going to work out, and that's what dating is for: to help filter out the bad ones and keep the good ones.

What Guys Said 8

• You are lucky to live in a country where there are brothels, he had a choice. You will hate what I have to say, but romance is called a sin because it's goal is to get you into bed. He was looking for some free sex and when you did not provide, he had other choices. This is how boys react. In the USA many boys take girlfriends who meet the same demands of a brothel.

The good thing about this date is that you know what he is about. What is good is that he cannot and will not know what a real woman is. Good women are recognized early and snatched up. Thank God you found out, now not later. Boys are like that, men are not.

I believe you are not thinking correctly. Just think that you did not get close to an immature pair of pants.

Good luck and take care.

• Finally someone who believes me.

• Yes...every single guy in the world is exactly the same. Even down to what they say on dates.

It was a joke and the fact that your sense of humor didn't match up with his probably turned him away.

• That must be a joke. Or this guy has the biggest nuts in the western hemisphere to start working towards a threesome with a hooker after only six hours with no alcohol involved. If it is option 2 I hope I meet this guy at a party. He is probably a ton of fun.

I really think he was joking. Some guys like the deadpan serious humor that leaves people wondering what the hell is going on.

• I still think he was joking.

• Update: You met the wrong guy... YES, they exist. NO, not all guys are like that.

I still think he was amusing himself by shocking you.

• ROFL whhat a douchebag, why the f*** would you categorize all guys like this? Yes you're right all guys are exactly like this guy. Serving dumb questions with a dumb answer

• I've heard about guys wanting girls to go back to their place all the time with online dating. Their mindset is "I took you out to dinner, now you have to..." You just met the wrong guy. It's not a big deal unless he was trying something extreme like kidnapping. You're probably more annoyed at how much time you spent with him thinking he was a good guy.

• the whole time I was reading this I was thinking "i don't give a f*ck, I just want to bang her."

• im confused as to why it was the worst date of your life. it sounded pretty good actually with the exception of the brothel part. furthermore, going to a brothel just doesn't make sense...does he even know what a brothel is? and finally, as far as wanting to hit people who make you upset, they have extremely effective medications for that

• @update do you know what a brothel is?! it is a whore house. why would he seriously want to take a girl he just spent his time with to a whore house? that just doesn't make sense. if that's what he wanted, he wouldn't have talked to you, he would have gone to the brothel on his own...why the hell would he need you for the brothel?

• Indeed, his suggestion doesn't make sense.

What Girls Said 1

• Dont worry, not all guys are like that. Except the one you went out on a date with, he's a complete ass! But sorry to hear about your horrible date, for the record..it doesn't get better in the future, guys now are a**holes.