Interracial dating...

My parents actually have no problem with me dating someone out of my race. I know not everyone will accept it but for those who would consider to date interracially, do you think you could put up with the hatred from others? Would you commit to being in an interracial relationship knowing your parents or friends didn't except it?

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents also accept the fact that I would like to date interracially. I personally wouldn't care what others thought about it. If I am happy with someone then I don't think that's anyone else' problem.

What Guys Said 3

• Two of my relationships were interracial. We never really experienced any hate. My parents don't really care what race I date either. If they did happen to be against it, well... it depends. If I still lived with and relied on them, I probably wouldn't commit. If I was on my own, I'd tell them to f*** off. If my friends were against it, I'd tell them to f*** off regardless of my life circumstances. Lol.

• The question really comes down to whether you are a sheep or not. People used to group think and herd mentality = no. More individualistic and liberal minded = maybe dependent on how much he/she is in love.

• No not me.

What Girls Said 2

• I've dated outside my race, it's always been fine,

it's completely accepted where I come from and in my family, I mean half my cousins are the result of mixed race marriages.

even my great aunt married a fijian airforce pilot back in the 40s when it was frowned upon.

• Although I love and respect my parents; I don't care if they don't approve of my interracial relationship. It is not their choice to make. Any prejudice issues they have is THEIR PROBLEM and their place to get over it themselves, on their own without interfering with MY happiness. It would be very selfish for them to inflict their ignorance onto my future and happiness.

If my "friends" didn't accept it then they can kiss my ass and feel bad about losing a damn good, loyal friend.