If you date outside your race are you considered...?

to hate yourself? I made a question on this site about how I like this white girl and I'm black,but anyway after I posted this question on this site this anonymous girl said I was a self hating negro who only dates white girls just because I said I liked this ONE white girl she said I was a self hating negro,and I told her that I would date any girl the color of a girl skin does not matter to me but she still considers me as self hating negro so I'm asking you IF you date outside your race aka Interracial date someone are you considered to hate yourself and who you are?

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

I do know of people who are racist towards their own race and try to date outside their race in order to "purge" from that hated race. But just because you like a white girl or whatever doesn't make you a self hating black man. It's just your preference and maybe you haven't met any black girls that are attractive to you. It could also be factored that where you reside. Don't let one ignorant, probably self loathing girl get your spirits down. It's your life, you have your own mind and judgement. Don't let anyone affect that with their negativity.

• thanks and yeah its not even about that I'm mostly attracted to white girls there was just this girl who I happened to like and she was just white its not that I don't find black girls attractive or any other kind of girl attracted of course not I just liked this girl and she happened to be white lol

What Girls Said 8

• No lol I am a white girl currently dating a Muslim so she is full of crap, she is only saying that because she probably doesn't even have a boyfriend because she would rather spend time saying mean things about people, we all know people who type that too actually are the ones that hate themselves lol, she doesn't have anyone because she isn't showing why she deserves it.

Were just open minded and actually open to dating other races because we know were all just human being with feelings, doesn't matter about race, I would gladly date any race but it doesn't even matter to me, it matters what's inside and my boyfriend he is sweet, kind, loving, generous and so soft, I love him more and more each day and missing him to pieces as currently I only get to see him once every other week, it just proves it's what's inside not out.

• Dating outside your race does not automatically mean you hate your own race or yourself. It wouldn't surprise me if the anon gal who made this claim was projecting her own issues on you. Frankly, only you can honestly say whether you hate yourself or your race or not.

• OMG she is a hater who has issues herself with her own race and identity that she needs to deal with. First I'm black and dating a white guy because I am ATTRACTED to him no matter the race. if you are attracted to someone and they are good to you go for it! who cares about race.

• THANK YOU SO MUCH that's what I'm saying

• No. You like who you like and there's nothing wrong with that .She probably hates herself and that's why she said that to you.

• I bet I can guess who said that...

it's the same black ratchet female who always calls me a self hating mulatto

justme20 could probably guess who it is too

But anyways, no, you aren't. There's just one too many black chicks who involve themselves in other peoples preferences cause they've no business of their own

• KMSL. I think we've all encountered this chick.

• nah, it's her lol

• THANK you too like I hate people who say sh*t like that I'm self hating myself because I like or even love somebody who isn't my race like WAAAT lol woow people are just so stupid

• She sounds wackadoodle.

• Don't worry about that crab apple. My boyfriend is black and white. I love him to death.

• I'm not sure I understand this question. You're either interested in a person or you're not. It doesn't matter whether they're lighter or darker than you. There are exceptions made concerning actual cultural/religious traditions, where the philosophies are way too different for the relationship to work (in most cases), but some couples are able to work past these hurdles as well. The point is to be into the person, to love him/her no matter WHAT is waiting around the corner.

• exactly but that girl is clearly racist

• Then she's not for you. Interracial/intercultural relationships really are not everyone's cup of tea. I was just raised in a community where everyone was really seen as equal, so I don't...um... "color-code" anything other than my office files.

What Guys Said 8

• When it comes to dating, Some people still follow the old school style mentality of "racial preservation" instead of the modern style mentality of "globalization".

• She's just pissed because she's not getting any.

• No. I enjoy women of all races. Some I'm more attracted to than others, and I probably wouldn't even say I'm attracted to my own race the most.

• Not really I married outside my race (that is to a Latin girl) no big us from my family but yes there was

eyebrows raised within my community which is Ukrainians (known as racist and nationalists) then again people change over the years.

• no, you're both human beings right, born on planet earth, so why would something like skin color be driving factor in a relationship

• never allow anonymous answers for questions like that. I always take that option off.

• In some cases, yes. Asian girls scrambling for White guys is a great example. It is the fastest growing interracial couple and interracial marriages in America as we speak.

Self-hate and the desire to look more "Western", along with skin bleaching, eye surgery to have "Western" eyes, wearing blue eye contacts, blond hair, and abandonment of Asian culture are well documented among the Asian community and Asia.

In your SPECIFIC case, it doesn't sound like self-hate. But for the vast amount of Black men who treat White women as some consolation prize, I'd say yes. This is why the Black girl stereotyped you.

• No. You're fine.

Non white girls that date white guys are self hating. Not you

• How are non white girls that date white guys self hating? you can't just find someone attractive and actually like that person and vice versa?

• Ah I could say the same thing. Your logic is bullsh*t and you live under a rock, hills or back woods where the only thing on TV are the local KKK meetings you dad holds or the p*rn vids you mother makes with your siblings lol. I laughed so hard LOL.. cya and thanks for the laugh. You did good kid. Bye

• "your mother"