How do I tell my parents that we broke up?

So I dated this girl for 4 weeks, and in the end we decided that it just wasn't working and stopped dating. A week into seeing her, I told my parents about us, and they were pretty cool about it.

But we've broken up, and my parents don't know. They still think that we are still together..

So how do I tell them that we're just friends now?

Thanks! I nonchalantly brought it up, and now that's finally of my shoulders :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Next time they bring her up or ask about her, just say you broke up and you're friends now. No biggie. If you don't make it a big deal, they wont' either.

What Girls Said 1

• Four years in may require a grand explanation but four weeks? Forget about it, they won't care.

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell em, I mean it shouldn't be to hard unless she gave yo a VD. Look at em and be like yeah Me and whoever didn't work out the way we both thought and felt it would at the time but we decided to stay friends so at least we still have that right.?

• "hey, mom, dad, wassup? is there anything in the fridge? I'm hungry. oh, yeah, by the way, melanie and I broke up."