20 year old girl dating a 30 year old guy, right or wrong?

I'm 20 years old and I never had a boyfriend. Yesterday I was talking to my friend and she said that I should date someone in his late 20's or even with 30 years old.I was scared because I have no experience on dating. But I'm thinking if she is right or not.Do you think that is a big age difference and it's wrong or you don't see any problem?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm 20 years old and my boyfriend is about to be 32. You have to remember that girls mature faster then guys. Even though we have a 12 year age difference, he's one of the few guys I've ever met that I get along with so good. We think alike, get along pretty damn well, and we've been together for 3 months now. When we talk it'll be like "Oh, well we can go next year." Say if we missed an event. He's even said something before about 5 years down the road if we'd still be together and I hope we are. Older guys I believe have it together more. So if you're not really looking for something serious I wouldn't suggest it, but I was looking for something serious when I met him, but now I am. The feelings had just developed.

What Guys Said 4

• If you can manage it, you're adult and free but the difference is not to be neglected.When I was 30 I wouldn't have considered dating an 20 year old.

• I wouldn't recommend it. Generally speaking, you'll either end up with someone who is far more emotionally mature than you (and thus probably not a good match), OR you'll end up with someone 10 years your senior that is completely immature for his age.

• I think it is a bad idea, but I am like the only one on here that thinks that so meh. I don't see how there can be a power balance and I don't see how you can connect with someone 10 years disconnected from you. He is going to be talking about how Kurt Cobain defined grunge and you are going to be like what is he talking about? Is that a rapper?

• No. She said that and I'm just thinking about the idea.

• I know but I am working on convincing you so I used you in my hypothetical situation.

• LOL I liked your way to convince me. It's good.

• I don't see any problem but you should date someone around your age +5/-2.

What Girls Said 0