Should I text first?

My best guy friend and I were suppose to go to his uncle's birthday dinner together, he bought me a dress && everything. So come the day of the party I text him at 2 to make sure he was picking me up at 6, he said yes. So after getting ready I felt great. And after 6 and 2 twilight movies later I got a text at 1230am from him claiming he lost his phone and just found it...except he had been posting pictures to instagram all night. So I just responded with "k" because I was upset and felt he was lying especially with all the other ways he could have handled it. So its been 2 days and we haven't spoken which is really od especially since he usually text me every morning... Should I text him first or wait it out?

Most Helpful Guy

• wait this one out, you deserve to be treated with honesty and respect, and if he don't have the balls to do this, then he's not worth having around, and if you get in touch with him, he will always feel as if he can spin you some b,ullsh,it story if something like this happens again and your accept it, so don't let him get away with it that easy, because if he does respect you, then he will eventually get in touch and try to explain, but don't let him off so easy by texting him anything, let him sweat and realize that he should of told you the truth and respected you with the truth, make sure he is aware that your worth that and no less, this way he really will think twice about doing it again if he values your friendship and values you as a person. It was him who done wrong here, and in a massive way, no girl should be stood up in this way and expected to accept a crap story like the one he spun you, x

What Guys Said 8

• Let's see... he made plans with you, confirmed those plans, you spent time getting ready, wearing a dress, etc, and then he didn't show up? And to make matters worse he lied about why he didn't show up?

And now, because he's so inconsiderate and obviously not into you, you're wondering how to keep chasing him?

Maybe it's time to start caring about yourself and your time so that you stop chasing boys who treat your poorly.

We teach others how to treat us, and you're quickly teaching him how easy it is to abuse you and your time.

~ Robby

• Wow, this guy is a complete douchebag. I don't know what you see in him because you deserve better than a guy who is a liar and stood you up. Do not text him, wait until he texts you. If he does, demand an honest explanation from him. If he doesn't text back, f*** him, find another guy.

• Do not text him. What he did was unacceptable, and you really need to reassess what you see in this guy. If he texts/calls you tell him you need to speak with him face to face, and ask him for the real reason why he didn't turn up that evening. You shouldn't put up with bs like this

• if I were you I'd delete his number and never ever speak to him again.

• I find the story doesn't really match up, talk to him about it for sure, and if you don't like the answer, you can always break up the friendship

• I'd kindly let them know that wasn't cool. Nothin too crazy, just let him know you know what he did and that's not cool with you. Set your boundaries bae

• Yeah text first, no big deal...

• Why would misplacing his phone prevent him from picking you up at 6?

Does he start his car with his phone?

What Girls Said 3

• Wow. Why is it that people can't even be smarter about their stories anymore? The phone has been made an instant infamous excuse as to why texts aren't returned ("lost" "didn't get the text" " left it in my car" " battery died," etc).

To top it off, he was on a social networking site that relies solely on an app via a mobile phone.

First off, this guy is an idiot.

Second, he's inconsiderate.

How long have you known this guy?

I absolutely agree that you hold off and let him contact you. What a d***.

• I've known this guy for 2 years && usually I let him slide on a lot of stuff, I'm pretty nice. I do a lot for him but I feel like he abuses that sometimes... Like I was so hurt that he could flat out lie to me like that... And the fact he waited 6 hrs. I could have done something else with my life other than waste it on waiting for him ...

• Stop letting him slide. You've taught him how to treat you. Letting him slide on things that bother you is not the way to go about it. Doesn't mean harp on him about everything, but given you've given him leeway before, no wonder he did what he did. He's still a jerk though.

• I know it's frustrating but DO NOT text him. What he did was very shady. If he does text you one day casually try and get together with him, face to face. Then confront him about it without beating around the bush. If you do it over the phone it's easier for him to avoid the situation. If he lies or gets insulted screw him, he's an idiot. That's when you decide how to carry out the punishment lol

• It would be best to make him come to you. You're way too nice to this guy.

I've been where you are, in a one-sided seeming friendship. I was in it because I had feelings for him I couldn't see through. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing you guys are either really close or you like him more than as a friend? I don't know, but my point is that it's not doing any good for you to be waiting around for him for hours and being an amazing friend when he's inconsiderate. It doesn't matter how long you've known each other or how well you think you know him. People will abuse nice people if you aren't careful. You could have gone off on him and not been understanding at all, but you didn't. You were nice. You bit your tongue by saying "k" and that's just fine.

If and when he contacts you, make him earn back your friendship and don't let things slide with him anymore. You need to stand your ground and make him see a friendship works both ways. You both give something and bring something to the table that makes the other person happy. He's just frustrating you and doing you no good.