Blatantly dating outside your race?

Okay, I am not a racist, nor do I have self hatred issues (people have said in the past that I have self hatred issues because of what I am about to ask). However, I often refuse to date women of the same race as me. Often I find myself dating women of other races, mainly because they seem a bit more interesting and less "run of the mill". I don't intend to offend here, but my curiosity is this:

How many of you blatantly avoid dating women or men of your race, and why? It is okay if you want to remain anonymous. And even more fine to not disclose your ethnicity. I have. LOL

• I only date someone of my race.
  • Race? What's that? I don't care either way!
  • I avoid dating people of the same race, other people are more interesting.
To be honest, I gave up on American women of my own race, because they annoy me, more often than not. I switched to dating ANYTHING other than. Yielded somewhat better results. However, I am and have resorted to dating foreign women. Mainly of non European decent. Because I realize that the European type of societies like USA, often have the same issues. I am sticking to practically Asian, African, and South American these days. Unless the woman don't have the negative qualities I dislike.
Okay, people have thought of this as a shallow thing such as being aesthetically attractive. Okay, women of my ethnicity are physically attractive. CONVERSELY, THEY ARE DEVOID OF ANY PERSONAL INDIVIDUALITY AND HAVE STEREOTYPICAL SIMILARITIES, THAT MAKE THEM SEEM UNORIGINAL. MOREOVER, THIS IS A SUBJECT BASED UPON PERSONALITY TRAITS OPPOSED TO SHALLOW THINGS AS AESTHETICS.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mainsteam women inthe USA these days are mainly Trumpettes, we all know that. So they aren't very interesting. They'll do anything for money, and not much if you aren't offering that, so..kind of boring, no?

You're darned right other women are more interesting. I'm married, for example, to a Venezuelan. I've dated mostly women who are Latina or Asian, and I'm Irish-Italian, although I also like women in those countries (Ireland-Italy) and have dated them as well when I've been there.

• I agree 10,000,000%

• I thought you might! Best answer, no? Hang in there bro!

• Heh, I will talk to you later. We know each other. I am not disclosing my identity publicly to you here... LOL, but you know who I am, if you payed attention. LOL

What Girls Said 8

• I only dated my own ethnic once.I won't mind dating other races as long as I able to get along with them.

• I agree. I am not of your ethnicity. But judging by your picture, if I weren't in pursuit of the woman I currently am, I would date you. Likewise, I am not the typical contemporary of my ethnicity. LOL

• Are you White?

• No. And I refuse to disclose. If you want to know, accept my request I shall send to you. My profile is private, and even being private, I am actually well known on GAG.

It is not their looks that bothers me. I don't care about that. It is attitude and behavior traits. It often annoys and makes me displeased. I often avoid them because I find the same traits, or combination of traits in all of them. However, in other races it exists, but not as prevalent.

• I don't go out of my why to date someone that is not black, but so far I have only been with white guys, but I def won't hesitate dating a guy that is the same color as me ;)

• No offense intended, but you meant, "I don't go out of my WAY", right?

I will hesitate. Because I find most women of my ethnicity to being annoying. They all seem to have some of the same annoying traits, either one or a paradigm of multiple traits, unfortunately.

• lol yes I meant "way".

• Race doesn't matter.

• I get what you mean for not wanting the Americanized of your race instead you want one straight from the home country but understand not all are the same

• I am American. Don't you read? And thus is the reason I avoid American Women... They only read what they want, and not what it is. They live in their box, and rarely think outside it. Okay, enough of blasting women. I am not a misogynist, but a cynical bastard that learned that my cynical thoughts are often correct. Nevertheless, I just don't care for women of my ethnicity. They, and myself, don't often meld together well. They annoy me.

• U jus love to push buttons

• I don't "push buttons". You are pushing your own. I just asked a simple question.

• Ok clearly you are an American (I would've said black or African American, but I didn't want to offend) and you clearly don't date black women. You're obviously educated which makes you believe you're better than most Americans and that is what people perceive as racist or you having self hatred issues. I read the whole post responses and all, and your responses give it away. I don't care if you date out of your race, more power to you. I also do, but I don't bash my fellow man, nor do I simply discredit them off of their physical appearance or nationality. Honestly, I think you have a superiority complex and no one will ever be good enough for you no matter what the skin color or nationality, but then again I could be wrong lol. You might just be an American, who hates American women and wants a foreign wife who will serve you.

• You are most certainly wrong. Superiority complex is defined as a linked over inflation of one's ego, due to a repressed lack of self worth, in order to affirm one's own perceived superiority. Basically, it is an inferiority complex gone hellishly wrong... LOL. Also, you are wrong about wanting someone toserve me. If I wanted a slave, I would buy one. "Mail ordered brides", so to speak. What I want is equality and devotion. Not servitude, nor stupidity, nor drama.

• Moreover, I was waiting for someone to actually notice... That means that you have a distinct level of intelligence.

But, I say to you, this: I don't believe I am better than anyone else. Conversely, I believe any human born here likewise, and can potentially die the same, are equal. However, there are just some situations, and personality cues I find most intolerable. And those women COMMONLY have a paradigm of any of the cues I find intolerable. I can tolerate one or two things...

• But if your whole makeup is a myriad of things I find intolerable, then What is there to do?

Then there are things I find intolerable all the way around, with no compromise. But that is part of the makeup of the "average" ones. There are a few exceptions to the situation, but rare. Therefore, I avoid. I don't think I am better than them, I just have a low tolerance for mashed negative personality traits. Rather, traits I FIND INTOLERABLE. I wish this had an "underline" function...

• im Asian and would probably never date an Americanized Asian guy again. most but not all Americanized Asian on this site and my Americanized Asian ex boyfriend had one thing in common they are arrogant and think they are better than those Asians living in asia. pardon me for my harsh comment. this is just my personal experienced and observation... ='(

• Not harsh, but critically true. I have seen the same, even with the Americanized Asian women. No offense intended, but it is true.

• I am not a racist neither do I have self hate. I prefer white guys

• I'm African American and I've only dated interracially but that's just happenstance. I don't really view race as a perquisite. I care more about a persons character. With that being said if I wasn't already attached and I met a man of the same race that shared similar interests and we had great chemistry I would definitely pursue things.

• Race is not a prerequisite, but when I do date women of my ethnicity, I watch out for traits I am intolerant of. The instance something that appears to be a trait appears, it is over. To a degree, I am a little prejudiced against, but it is from personal experience. I just don't like some of the traits that are common in their personalities. Quite unappealing, and disconcerting.

• So, you would agree that my friend who is white, born in South Africa, and is a citizen here, an "African American"? Or is he just a displaced white person, born in Africa, and now just a white American?

I disagree with African being a race. If you go to Africa itself, there are fricans that don't have the combination of dark skin, curly hair, and other Negroid features. They were there, just as long as the negroid Africans. Therefore, it is not a race.

• And if you ask any REAL African American (that is a person born in Africa, and migrated to this country), they would comment that you don't deserve to call yourself African... they would say that you are just a dark brown American, or a black American. Most Africans are offended for someone to claim Africa, never having lived there. So it is more offensive to claim something you are not. Eminem said: "Claiming Detroit, when you never been a mile road south of 12."

What Guys Said 7

• I just don't care to be honest, Beauty is beauty, regardless of race, I'm open minded to all as long as I'm attracted to her, I seen beautiful women of all races, I may tend to lean more towards Hispanic and white women, but doesn't mean Asians or black women aren't able to steal my breath away.

• So, you would overlook nasty stereotypical attitudes and bullsh*t, for the sake of beauty? If you payed more attention, the subject matter is not based upon physical attraction, but personality traits. I am intolerant of the common personality traits of my ethnicity. It is annoying. I am not the stereotype. Nor do I engage in stereotypical trappings those of my ethnicity often do. I am different in my own right, because I am an individual and not a follower.

• I am speaking from my own experience. Every woman I have met, from my ethnicity falls within a negative stereotype. If it is not one stereotypical thing, it is a paradigm of several qualities. Rarely do they even break the mold.

Furthermore, I know the difference of cultural qualities opposed to stereotype. These women have no unified culture. What stands is a paradigm of stereotypical activities to the likes that makes them seem unappealing.

• These qualities are pretty bad, and I see them as a common feature. If not all, they have at least one. And none are tolerable by my standards.

• I voted 'B' cause that's what I follow :)

• Explain.

• Well, quantifying virgins is a generalization, and hence, you contradicted yourself.

Enough semantics.

However, my point being, when you group people together (physically, not rhetorically), indubitably, they begin to mesh and have similar tendencies. Moreover, if you start seeing the same crap elsewhere with the same people, you can't help but to generalize. Because you see some of the same crap, over and over.

• I agree with what you've said now but again I'd still not stay away from dating someone because of their race if they are outside my race, again I'll notice the individual nature, tendencies etc :)

• ill say b and c I typically don't date other black females for the ones I'm interested in don't give me the time of day/friend zone me pretty quick while the ones I have no interest in come at me crazy and then get offended when I tell them I'm not interested and start acting even crazier

• That is called, "I'm going to make you change your mind, because I know that you are as desperate as me, I can smell it!"

• You know, to be honest, I have had that, a lot, most recently. All of the ones that I have absolutely no interest in, constantly hitting on me. And now, I am telling them, No. Yep, to a degree, I have become more desperate, as of recent, and all the desperate ones have been rushing...

• Hmm hard to say. I'm half Korean half white, born in the us came out looking Asian.

I will so, I probably would hate to date an Asian from Asia. I wouldn't mind dating an Americanized Asian, or a white girl. But I'd hate to date an Asian woman not from here. I don't hate Asian people, but I hate the way they are and think if they aren't From here.

I'd date white girls too, have no problem with them at all.

• Well, a woman I am speaking to is Asian, from Asia. She is not Americanized. I like it that way. I am starting to realize that Americanized women are the problem as well. A lot of them are shallow and selfish. She is from the Philippines, and we are getting along well. She thinks I am the funniest guy she could ever know. Likewise, she don't mind that I am not Asian. I have dated Korean and Japanese women before as well. In all cases, I had better experiences with them.

• hard to say. Walk into any oriental style resteraunt all owned by first generation immigrants, none of them give free refills on beverages. Imo that says something

• That says they are about the business. In the old country, they don't give free refills. That tactic was intended to keep customers in the restaurant and see if they would buy more food. It is a gluttonous American idealization, that don't translate well into Asian society. I lived in Japan for 2 or 3 years. No free refills there.

• I've never actually dated women of my race. I'm not white, but most of the people around me are, so I guess I've always ended up dating a white girl. I don't think it's much more than a numbers game though. Occassionally I'll see a smoking hot model of my race and I'd definitely be down with getting with her if the opportunity presented itself, so I'm not thinking it's a "never" sort of thing.

• I've only dated a few people and even though most have been my race I have a mixed race girl before and would do it again.

I find Asian girls cute/sexy and often think about dating a black chick.

• Forget about looks. What about common personality traits?

• I haven't noticed any personality traits that would be tied to race. just girls in general. That's what I think any way.

• Really? Forgive my cynicism, but, not all women have a victim mentality over the fact that they think they are undesired, because they believe their race has been subjugated, thereby denigrating men of their race for dating women that are not of their race (for example). I found that to be a specifically black woman thing. In some retrospect, there are some qualities that are specific to ethnicity, in America.

• Although I am attracted to them physically, I don't particularly like them and would prefer to white girls at this point. Not that they would care or anything, but still

• Explain yourself. I barely understand what you mean.

• It appears that it is similar to yours.

• Very well, two peas in a pod. LOL