Are my standards for a woman too high?

I don't date girls who drink, smoke, go to the club, or have male friends. I don't date single mom's and I don't date women who nag all the time. I'm 22, and these are my standards a girl must have if want to date her, if she doesn't like my standards she's not worth my time. Am I asking for too much.

And I don't like women with tattoos

Most Helpful Guy

• man, I understand your concerns. but you need to loosen up a bit. some criterion can be neglected. like drinking and having male friends, these are part of normal social behavior. women nag all the time. you may never found out until you know each other long enough.

What Girls Said 13

• They're pretty rigid and restricting,I wouldn't say they're high though. It'd be hard to meet a fun and interesting girl who fits that description, sounds like you want a dull boring girl

• We'd be perfect together except I have male friends.

I'm sorry, but it might be REALLY REALLY hard to find a girl that has no guy friends.

• I think it's very healthy to have some standards for yourself, but if you have this enormous checklist that 99.9% of women can't meet then you're just setting yourself up for a lifetime of loneliness. In my honest opinion when someone has this long list of requirements it's because they're suffering from incredibly low self worth and confidence. If you really felt great about yourself then you would be open to meeting people of many different walks of life. Maybe if you worked on yourself a little bit then maybe you'd be ready to meet someone who may not meet every standard you have but is a truly fabulous woman nonetheless.

• Ok but how do I become a more trusting person, I was raised to never trust a woman except the ones I'm related to.

• See, this is why girls don't go for nice guys. They call themselves nice but are so insecure they couldn't be with a girl just because she has friends that are guys. But it's your life and you get to set whichever standards you like. Many girls don't smoke or drink and are not into clubs or tattoos. Good luck :)

• "have male friends. "

*looks at username*

I see...

you're a "nice guy"

I'll bet you look like Ryan Lochte, Tom Daley or Beckham amirite? Who am I kidding, I know I'm wrong.

this explains it

Good luck

• LOLOLOLOLOL OK sorry to be mean but REALLY NO MALE FRIENDS wowww! I mean it's a very slim possibility but will she like you back is another question. I see where you're coming from with most of your standards, but you need to calm down. If you really want to find someone to connect too don't trap yourself behind that thick wall of "standards". you need to be more realistic friend, unless you want to date a baby...

• Well getting around the "no male friends" could be difficult. I don't know any girls that don't have male friends. In my case, that's nearly impossible, most of my friends are guys, it just happened that way.

The only thing is if you expect her to not smoke, drink or go to the club, then you shouldn't be either.

• Well Your standards are not bad all except for can't have male friends. We All have male friends. All except the weird ones. But they'll probably won't you either if they don't have male friends in the first place. Other then that it's pretty fine and not that hard to look for.

• She can't have male friends and I'm sticking with that.

• And go ahead and be rude to me, you're just a random girl who's opinion means nothing to me. And I'm already alone, it feels great :)

• Alright. Then if I'm just a random girl who's opinion doesn't matter, then why bother asking your question. Just so For Once you'll get attention. Doesn't make sense to me. And I really don't wanna be rude because I'm not that type. So AGAIN I'm sorry if I'm being rude.

• Insecure much? She can't have male friends? That's a little ridiculous.

• That's one of my standards

• That's fine, it shows you are insecure. Best of luck meeting a woman that meets up to your checklist.

• LOL "i don't date girls who have male friends" that has insecurity written all over it.

• Says the girl who looks like a whore in profile pic

• With those standards no girl is going to want to date you. She deserves to have male friends and to go out and have fun. Your insecurity issues will push her away into the arms of another guy. People deserve to have fun and you are too demanding and controlling with those standards. Your relationships won't last long

• I wonder which regular user this is.

I would typically say robotic since he still has like 50 million accounts, but this one is an add one

• You ask us if your standards are too high, we tell you they are (especially with the no guys friends rule) and you refute all the advice given and stick to your rigid ways. Why did you bother asking the question in the first place? Good luck finding this girl, and if you find her you'd better hope she wants you back.

• I would like to know how you get dates.. Do you interrogate the girls that shows an interest towards you, and scare them away?

• I take time to know a girl before I date, If they make one mistake, I'm done with them.

• That's harsh. You'd have to be perfect yourself if you'll ever meet a woman with your standards.. and she'll probably have the same ones. But keep up the good work! There's most defenitly a girl out there who's just how you need her to be.

• Those standards are reasonable except her not having any male friends. It's OK if a girl has one or 2 good male friends. Only be concerned if she has tons of male friends.

• That's what I mean, I couldn't date a woman who had a load of male friends.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes you should lower your standards to women that will put up with your piss poor attitude. Sure you'd still have a pretty hard time, but you might have a fighting chance.

• I'm lowering my standards for anybody, those are MY standards, and if a woman doesn't fit them then she's not worth my time.

• Good call. In fact, you should get more strict and irrational with your standards, we don't want to run the risk of having you procreate or anything.

• I don't like kids, why would I want to "procreate"

• Even if you standards are labelled as excessive by most women here, I think they are pretty healthy, except for the friends part. You have to leave your significant other have her friends, males or females, it's not part your business, except if you are a control freak, which isn't good.

And to women who mock him because it's "not confident" and a deal-breaker, I know my share of women who date extremely jealous guys. It's a mystery to me, but it does exist, and more than you are willing to admit.

• They're not overly limiting but I mean if you're not getting chicks with those standards then they're too high.

• Have you actually dated girls like this, more then a few dates?

Is this based on what kind of girls you actually have good relationships with, or some theory you developed on your own?

• I think not dating girls with male friends is to much. No matter how much we'd prefer it, that's just to demanding.

• I see why you didn't allow anonymous answers. I am guessing I should answer this the way you want or you will block me?

• If you're rude to me, I'll block you. You aren't being rude.

• You might be right, I have intense trust issues so relationships will always be a problem for me.

• Just try to relax and let go. If you think that someone would cheat on you then there would never be a reason to stay with that person.

• the standards aren't too bad but the they can't have male friends is way too high of a standard lol