Girls, do you pay on dates?

When you go out with your significant other, do you pay at all?

To the girls who don't pay on dates, how much has the guy spend on you?
Some girls are greedy on here

Most Helpful Girl

• I did when I asked HIM out.

And then later in relationships, sometimes I'd pick up the check. I've dates some guys that didn't have much money (like myself) so I felt it was only fair that I pull part of the weight since we BOTH wanted to go out :-)

• Agreeable, wish more girls were more like you

• I'd rather be spoiled with affection than money, any day!

• Thanks for BA :-)

What Girls Said 15

• We take turns. In the beginning he was taking me out all the time and paying for stuff, which was really nice, but I thought he deserves to be spoiled as well :)

Update: Nah, I'm not exactly sure how much he has spent on me or the most he has spent on me at once. If he's paying I don't generally see the final bill.

• @update: I agree... No wonder why girls get the reputation of being gold diggers.

• I pay for what I ordered. Nuff said. If he says he'll pay then cool. More money to spend on myself... but then I'd feel guilty and offer to pay next time.

• I've paid in the past if I initiate going out, but if he is the initiator then I will offer to split the check. Sometimes I've had to pay my half, other times the guy will take the bill. I would never let anyone pay for a bill over $30 for the both of us without chipping in, or at least taking the tip.

I don't expect a guy to pay, and I'm more comfortable contributing somehow, but I do appreciate the offer/makes a good impression.

• For me, a guy must offer to pay pn dates otherwise I will lose interest, but I usually won't let him pay unless I like him a lot and have been very comfortable with him.

• No

He's paid

Technically, neither of us should pay for one another because it could get him in trouble with panhellenic I think, but it's whatever. We also technically shouldn't be going off campus but we do that hah

• alternative :) first him next me then goes back to his turn again..then its fair and square :-)

• I believe in alternating bills. This time, you pay. Next time, I pay. You know what I mean? But on a first date if I remember correctly, he pays. BUT, boys usually offer.

• I decided. NOT to pay. at all.

• Guess whos staying home and watching movies! ^

• Im sorry. It is time for me to stay at home and watch movies a while.

• Hell no. He doesn't let me anyway.

• I think the most expensive thing I ordered was $20 steak at Outback

• If he asks me out he pays. But if there are multiple events on the date (coffee, dinner, movies, drinks, etc) then I offer for something. Maybe the tip or something like that.

• Nope. 3 years and he's only let me pay twice! He once picked me up over his shoulder and carried me into the movie theater when I tried to pay. Another time I paid for something and I found $20 in my wallet the next day -_-. He's spent quite a bit of money on me. I'd say gifts, dates, and all total to about $1,000 while I've spend about $300 on him. If I want to spend money on him it has to be on his birthday or Christmas. Otherwise he just won't let me.

• I feel relationships should be 50/50. Sometimes he'll pay and sometimes I'll pay, it's only fair.

• I always offer to pay, it's up to the guy to accept it or not.

• NEVER...why? Because I'm not obligated to. Yay free meals and entertainment :D

• eh I'm an easy lay. I'll offer to pay but always have been turned down thus far. Most a guy has shelled out has been like 45 for dinner for two

• Lol. Honest to god, your comment made burst out into laughter.

• heh heh xD

• For me, the guy has to pay on the first date. Then, we would split the bill on other dates.

Although with my current boyfriend, he pays for everything on every date that we go on. I haven't even split the bill with him at all. So, no... I don't pay for anything. He does.

• He spoils you?

• It's not expected of him to do so. Spoils me with food :P

• I'm not sure. I don't touch nor look at the bill when it comes. We go out to fancy restaurants though. So, it can easily go over $100 quick. That's all him though.

What Guys Said 5

• Personally, I wouldn't let a girl pay for a date unless we were in a long-term relationship and it was her way of treating me. Then again, I'm the charming chivalrous-type so that's typical.

• Is there a limit to how much you are willing to pay on the date

• Since I have an adequate amount of money, there's no real hard limit. Though, if she spends too much of my money, it will affect how often I take her out. I expect to pay at least $50 each for dinner though.

• its totally fair that everyone pays his share on every date unless someone offered to pay for the date at the beginning .. I don't think that guys are obligated to pay at all even if it's the first date .. am not hiring a hooker to pay for everything .. she went out she had fun .. she should pay too !

• I have never had a date where the woman paid, and I don't mind that a bit. What I do mind is the hypocrisy of women who want "equality", but not true equality. This thread demonstrates that beautifully.

• I like to split it down the middle, or do a "you pay tonight, I pay tomorrow" sort of thing.

• Unless we were in a very long term relationship or live together, I would always pay.