How would you feel if you always text your girl first?

What would you assume if you realized that you are the one who always initiate's contact with the girl you're dating? Even though she's always ready and willing to spend time with you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm of two minds:

1. the great relationships I've had have been very balanced. I'm completely capable of taking control of everything, but I'm secure enough to enjoy being treated specially and to like being the center of attention.

2. It might actually be really nice to have total control of my schedule. If I wanted to go do something with my friends, I could just not contact her and then she would not have any reason to complain because she never asked me to come see her.

I think balance works better.

What Guys Said 10

• I'd assume that she doesn't think about me. So why should I think about her? I'd feel like I was the engine to the whole relationship

• As a teenager, this is the case.

I have to text first.

I have to initiate all contact and kisses first.

I have to pay in full for the first date, and second, and third, and...

I have to be the first one to say "I love you".

I have to be her first.

And if I don't live up to these expectations, I get dropped or yelled at. All the tweets girls do are "OMG, I hate it when guys don't text first!" It gets old.

• like she didn't really want me and perhaps I was harassing her and she was just replying to be nice.

or that she just does not know how to start a conversation.

personally I only "text" online if I had a girls phone number I would call them and talk using my mouth and one of my ears. :P

• Well, I wouldn't text her first all the time unless I knew she was busy all the time. If that weren't the case tho, I'd want there to be a balance.

If she rarely texts me first, it means she's not very interested in talking, so why should I waist my time on her?

• i would hate that, I hate it when things are one-sided

• I would feel quite bad, as if she didn't enjoy my conversation, if she didn't initiate a conversation first, this goes for calling as well. It's nice to know that she wants my conversation as much as I want hers :)

• If she's always willing and ready to spend time with me and she puts out, I wouldn't really think much of it.

• If she doesn't put her time to text me, I won't put my time aside to text her.

It should be balanced, and not everything is texting!

• Well, we wouldn't be texting that much then. Put in your fair share in the relationship or go away.

• I'd think she doesn't care as much about me as I do about her.

What Girls Said 0