Do you kiss on the first date?

It's so awkward at the end of the night...kiss or no kiss? who will do it?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I kissed my now boyfriend in the middle and end and beginningish time of our first date. Of course, we'd known each other for years and had been wanting to date for four years when it finally happened so it wasn't super awkward at all.

But before him, no, I don't kiss on first dates.

What Guys Said 3

• Ideally I will do it 2/3 of the way through a good date.

• Kinda sounds like moving a bit fast but in the end it depends how good was the date.

If that moment is awkward then better not - if it's not then everything was perfect, so then why not?

• The date went well. We were both nervous, especially him. He was very nervous! lol Then at the end when he walked me to my door he got super nervous and there was an awkward silence and he said "So this is when I'm supposed to kiss you...but I'm not going to do that" So we ended with a hug. We talked about going out again though. Nothing wrong with that, right?

• Sounds normal to me, some people get nervous and then say very stupid things, it's a part of being human.

All what matters is the presence of mutual interest - if it is, then everything is OK

• haha I don't know I was OK with him saying it because it broke the awkward silence! ha ha he addressed what we were both thinking and it was kind of a relief honestly. Yes there is mutual interest so I guess we are good... It's all just kind of awkward to me. Maybe I will just surprise kiss him instead of building it up to the end of the night lol

• I do it during the date...

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. It has never been awkward for me, I just say bye and then I get a text from him the next day! The chase! Woohoo haha.

• Hugs for the most part... maybe a peck on the cheek if I'm really digging the guy. ;)!

• if the date goes good it shouldn't be awkward. I guess that's how you know whether or not to kiss at the end. usually the guy will go for it. guys tend to get girls all wrong and if a girl goes for it first (especially on the first date) they might mistake it for being easy.

• well I had a first date with this guy who I really like and he really likes me. He was SO nervous! The date went well. Both of us were kinda nervous though--- him especially. So when the night ended I felt awkward, like are we gonna kiss or not? That was when the only awkward silence of the night came. Finally he said "So I guess this is where I'm supposed to kiss you, but I'm not gonna to do that tonight" So we ended with a hug instead. Which is fine.. Throughout the night he mentioned date 2

• So I know he really likes me and wants to pursue this. I just haven't dated in so long that this is kind of awkward for me. I think he is very inexperienced, hence his nerves. How can we get past this awkwardness!? ah I hate first everythings.