Ladies, would you date a guy who does what he loves for a living over a guy who makes bank?

My question is exactly as asked. Would you date a guy who does what he loves for a living over a guy who makes more at a job he hates?

I am a LONG time musician and am planning to play either guitar or bass guitar for the United States Navy Band. I won't be making a butt-load of money at first but I will be doing what I love. Which is more important to you? Financial security or seeing your knowing that I'm happy where I am?

P.S. I am planning to apply for Warrant Officer School eventually and even plan on going to college while enlisted. So eventually I WILL be making a little more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would much rather a guy who loves what he does than a guy who makes a lot doing something he hates.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't want my boyfriend to be miserable, so clearly I'd want him to do what he loves.

Seeing him happy and passionate about what he does is of more value than having more money but hating his job. Also, that kind of negativity/dissatisfaction could spread into other areas of life and besides I don't expect a guy to take care of me financially.

• I'm a bass player/trumpet player and I sing as well. If music is what you love then whoever truly loves you will support you in that! GO FOR IT! :)

• I don't see why not, after graduating I plan on having a career that I like and I'm interested in. it's not all necessarily about the money.

• its always better to do what you love

What Guys Said 0