First Date, I know nothing about him

So on Friday, I met a guy, we talked briefly(10minutes?), and he asked for my number. Well he wants to take me out, and he says he has a few places in mind. We haven't actually spoken on the phone or anything, this was just through texts...but I just feel odd..I don't know ANYTHING about this guy and I really would rather get to know him at some place local like a coffee shop..like I said I don't know anything about him or who he is..What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• i say go on a couple of dates and that’s how you'll get to know him.

when I first went out with my boyfriend I had no idea about him. and it makes the relationship more inserting. pulse if you two have nothing to talk about ask questions about each other.

just go out with him for awhile and if you think it not working out you can always dump him

What Guys Said 4

• IF you like the guys, meet him for a date in an agreed upon public. Don't have him pick you up.

It's better to do this at least two or three times to get a better felling and understand of him. This will help you to get t know him better.

• Tell him you just want to go get coffee and get to know him better first. If that is what you want to do then that is what you should do.

• Go on the date and get to know him better. If you find him good for you, go on a 2nd date and so on. . .

• go out with him and see what he's all about and get to know him.

What Girls Said 3

• Call him. Talk casually, and if you have good conversation maybe ask if he wants to go grab lunch or something. If that goes well, then he should ask to go on a date. If the phone call doesn't go well, then I wouldn't hang out with him, it would be soo awkward.

• Funny I just went through the exact same thing. We went out for coffee and had a lot of fun. Go out with him. You might have fun even if he turns out to not be what you were looking for.

• Tell him what you want, give some inputs on what you want into the first date.