Guy asks me on date then doesn't contact me when it came to the day?

I don't get it, we was getting along so well an he said I'm beautiful and that he wants to come see me. He said I can't do ths Friday but next Friday is that ok? I agreed and said yes. I told him I could see him next Friday. Before the day of the date he didn't talk to me much. But before then at the end of messages he put love james x and seemed really keen. When I asked him a few days before the date whether Friday was going ahead. He said 'yes absolutely'. So I was certain kind of that he would come. I had a feeling maybe he wouldn't as he didn't bother talk much beforehand and it was me that was checking it was going ahead. The day before I messaged him saying hey what time you coming tomorrow. I didn't get a reply. The next day came and the date was meant to be at lunchtime about 12 one o'clock ish because he is a waiter and works evenings. That was a good time for me. On the day I was worried that he wasn't coming. I had no text or message on the dating site. My heart sank as I realized he's not coming and what was worst was that he didn't even contact me with an explanation or excuse. Like he just forgot me. I messaged him a bunch of times on the dating site that day. I know he read the messages but he didn't even bother to inform me as to why he didn't turn up. I felt gutted and cried. The date was meant to have been yesterday and he didn't say a word. Yesterday on the site he was online and this was after all the messages were sent. It's like I've been totally blanked out for no reason. I know he wasn't working as he went offline at the time when he needed to go to work so there was no real excuse :( I feel like an idiot. I've tried everything to make effort and I fail. I thought as he is 26 and he said he's a gent he maybe a good guy but it turns out he's like a lot of guys selfish and uncaring towards my feelings. I've had a rubbish year one failed relationshiop, four failed dates and one no show. I'm very unlucky in love and I'm sensitive to when guys treat me like sh*t so it hurts more then it would hurt another. I did nothing wrong he bailed out and was too much of a coward to let me know. I feel like an idiot I'm a nice person, and I just wanted someone to love and maybe love me at some point. That's all I've ever wanted. Would rather have love then money. That's how much it means to me. I feel like there is a huge gap in my life and I guess it won't be filled as soon as I would of liked. Maybe I got to stop searching cus that's when the wrong men come along. I'm a decent girl I don't sleep around or cheat when I'm in a relationship. I treat people with respect and when I don't get it back I have to cut all ties with people. So now I've blocked the guy on the dating site and that's that. I just feel so fed up of being treated like that. Maybe I'm too nice to guys, guys do you know why guys do that? Thanks all :) x

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• Basically he flaked. You're lucky if you made it to 20 without understanding what it's like to get flaked on or stood up.

• Why do guys just 'flake' without a valid reason. Seems stupid lol. He seemed insecure though. When he asked me out and I said yeah he was like ' really' its as if he believed that I wasn't going to meet him. He is clearly rubbish with women and he has been single a while so yeah. Oh really lol, I'm 19 I've never had this happen bit I've gotta say its the worst feeling!

• Show Older
    • It's normal to feel like that after you get the cold shoulder. Speaking from experience haha. You'll pick up hopefully within a week. Just try not to focus on that too much. Distract yourself. Go to a party with your friends. You'll feel better for it.

• Yh I'm over it now life goes on!

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!