Would you date someone who has been molested as a child by a family member?

Would you want to know? What if they did not tell you about it since it was hard for them to discuss about it but you found out from another source? Would you lay out some ground rules if that person stays with the molester since they don't have an option and your girlfriend/boyfriend isn't being molested anymore?

How would you react?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow that's hard because it can be really hard on them. You may want to try talking about it with them first. Because being molested could really screw someone up especially if handled in the wrong way. Try to be caring and concerned when you talk to them. And then when you find out more about the situation you can mention ground rules. But mostly you should try to help them and be caring about the situation their in. That's how I would try to handle it. And let them know it doesn't make them a bad person in any way because it wasn't their fault.hope this helps and things get better.

What Guys Said 2

• first of all.. I wouldn't judge someone for that. I would probably cry and hug them when/if I found out.

• If they did not live their life as a victim then yes of course I would. I would not want to know to be honest (which is selfish I know) but if I knew that she was still in danger or near her attacker then I would get her out of that situation and beat the snot out of the scumbag responsible.

What Girls Said 1

• Frankly, I wouldn't say anything. That's your business

Reaction may vary - Shocked, angry (at the person that commit such a thing), and sympathetic.