What kind of dater are you?

Are you the type who, upon having them say yes to being asked out, are immediately official and serious?

Or are you more of the type who goes on a few dates with that one person but you wouldn't get jealous if you found out they were dating someone else?

Or are you the type do date multiple people at once (nothing serious) and would be okay with them also dating multiple people?

Or are you the type who doesn't date at all (either more of a fling person or just never dates)

Or is your style something else altogether?

Additionally, which dating behavior would you teach your child should the subject come up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating & relationships are two different things. There were times in my life I didn't want a relationship, I was either working at my career, or in between relationships and didn't have the time for a relationship or just didn't want one. But I still wanted to go to dinner or a movie, maybe both with someone I liked to be with. Enjoyed their company.. But nothing serious. If & when I was ready and the dating might lead up to a relationship then I would commit. If I'm dating someone, I'm dating others as well and I'm not in their business to see if they're dating others.. That's childish, why would I get jealous? If I commit to relationship it's because the other person is committed as well. You have a conversation as an adult with that person about the relationship you want t have with them, and the next level, the next step you're interested in taking. At that point the 'dating' is off the table and it becomes a monogamous relationship, IF that's what they want as too. That's EXACTLY what I would teach my child as well, When you commit to someone, it's about having respect for yourself and others. If you don't want to commit, you don't, but you're upfront with that person, let them know from the beginning what your intentions are. Never cheat on anyone when you're committed. Be honest, you have to let the other person make the decision for themselves if that's what they want as well.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm normally a one-at-a-time person, though I went through a period where I tried multiple, non-serious dates. I proved I could *do* it, but they just weren't as satisfying to me.

The most important thing is to discuss what you want with your potential partner up-front, so they don't think they're having one type of relationship with you while you're practicing another.

• Depends on the girl. I date two types of girls: Ones I don't care for and it's just a physical thing, and others I really care for. If I'm dating one I don't care for, I could care less, she can date other guys as long as I get from Point A to Point B. The other one I would be a little jealous if I found out she was seeing other people.

• im a date one girl at a time type of dude

What Girls Said 2

• I'm the type who, upon having them say yes to being asked out, are immediately official and serious.

• If you were to have a child, would you teach them to have that mentality for dating or would you stress a different mentality?

• Yeah because I've been successful at it and for the pass relationships I've had, I've always been the one to dump guys. But this fifth one I'm one, has been really successful.

• I date others until I am serious about one of them and I am OK with them dating others. The dates are to learn whether or not we want to get to know each other more and most of the time I don't. Sometimes they don't. It's the odd one where we agree that we both want to get to know each other better so if I only dated one guy at a time in the beginning then it would take forever to find the one where it's mutual.

I would teach my child the same. I bet most guys are the same as me so most of the girls who are serious right away are fooling themselves into thinking the guy is on the same page.