When texting, why do guys have to do all the talking?

Why can't the girls ever ask questions? It gets hard to all the talking sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I pull my weight in all conversations :-)

It sounds like you've met some pretty boring girls, haha!

Or uninterested ones.

What Girls Said 14

• maybe she isn't interested, or doesn't want to talk. Maybe say something like "are you busy?" to hint that she isn't talking a lot.

• It seems like everyone always believes that guys should be the ones to make the moves, and girls are scared to break that rule because they don't want to seem super clingy or obsessed with the guy. When I have to text guys first, I am always concerned that I am just annoying him and he is only responding because he has to, so when I send guys a text, I try to make it look like I'm not trying and I don't really care that much which isn't true- I am trying and I do care.

• That makes sense, she willing me gave me her number, I didn't ask. We texted for awhile, and she seemed real interested, she asked a lot of questions, and responded fast. Then she slowed down, but I just realized that I was going to work and it might take me awhile to respond at times. I didn't think she could take that as leave me alone. I don't want to text her too much because I don't want to seem clingy. How often should I text her?

• First sentence = a serious fear that most girls have with guys

• Sorry I am just responding I hope it's not too late. I think texting her every other day or once every three days is a good amount, but the perfect amount depends on the situation. If she doesn't always respond it doesn't mean she's not interested, but if she NEVER responds, she probably isn't interested.

• Not interested or they would be engaging in the conversation w you.

• Well she willing gave me her number, and I asked her out and she said yes.

• Because texting is kinda boring and most of the times are multi tasking. Personally I don't like texting. I think its not a very good form of communication. Plus its very easy to get things misconstrued. If I were you I would refrain from doing text but to each his own.

• That has never been my experience, I always try to be an equal part of the conversation.

• Well a lot of times, if she has a crush on you or something she doesn't want to seem clingy by constantly asking you questions. I was like that when I first started to talk to my crush (now boyfriend). We worry about pushing guys we like or even friends away from us.

• sometimes girls just can't make up anything to ask or say or to talk about. although sometimes I'm the one who has to do the talking, it actually depends on the person, some have something to talk about, some don't :)

• Well girls like to ask questions and talk so if she doesn't its probably because she isn't interested...i think its the same things with guys if they don't want to talk they aren't interested

• It depends who I am talking to but if I find someone interesting I will usually ask questions and never shut up. lol

• It's opposite for me lol

• Some poeple aren't "talkative" over text

• i concur with this here...some ppl's personalities simply don't translate into pure textual format.

• That's not the case for every girl. Maybe the girl you're talking to is boring.

• Well from my experience I always had to do the talking because he never asked anything xD

• I'm going to admit I found this kind of funny when I read it. :) I have the same issue but with guys. I'm always the one asking the questions and doing all the talking. So I feel your pain, but I think the issue is unfortunately on both sides of the fence.

What Guys Said 9

• The next time this happens, simply ask her about her lack of engagement in the conversation and if it's better to contact you some other time.

If she keeps "stringing" you with one- or two-word answers, ask her why she keeps replying to you when she doesn't seem engaged in the conversation and that you're gonna stop talking to her.

----

That is what I do, and she either opens up about her being shy, or not liking texting, or how she multitasks doing 12 things at once...or that she was simply replying to not be rude but doesn't want to talk to you.

Me being a salesperson, let me tell you dude; it's all about asking the right questions to extract the information you need to understand the person.

• Well I take that she's interested in me, we are supposed to be going out Friday. She asked and talked a lot then stopped. Thought it was kind of weird.

• She probably got sidetracked...girls do A LOT of things while texting. I wouldn't take it personal unless it's a frequent habit.

• Your talking to the wrong girls...

The ones that ask questions are the right ones, the ones that don't ask and don't speak arent.

• Oh, it's usually the opposite with me. Sometimes I can't get her to stop haha.

• Try talking to Latin women, or Asian women, they will never stop asking you questions.

• ive been talking to an Asian one...texting her is like pulling teeth..she wants to talk too..just responds with 3 word answers... -.-

• Either her English is just poor, or she's not interested. They are too polite to reject people openly. They just go silent, usually

• lol your doing all the talking then it clearly means she is not into you. cause really its the women who won't ever shut up. so yea next time check your self

• playing hard to get or not interested.

• because its been like that for centuries. cavemen used to complain about talking too much to their girls on ther istone.

• Becouse we have to be gentlemen !?

• She's a dull one then.