Guys, why can't I get a date?

5'3 and 145 pounds?

that's obviously me, I've recently lost 40 pounds.. It's so embarrassing thinking about it... But yeah...

I'm a shy girl (at first)

I play guitar

I sing

I snowboard

I'm honest, kind, treat everyone with respect.

I'm religious but not shove down your throat..

I'll listen to most types of music (but you'll have to drug me before I listen to country... )

I'm extremely adventurous,

My future plan is to travel the world and career is to become an orthopedic surgeon (in the long run)

All being said.. (and I know this must sound lame) but would any guy out there be interested in a girl with qualities like that? I've honestly never dated anyone, I blame it on moving so much and being so shy and naive.. But could I just not be what guys are looking for?

Any advice?

• Yes, I'd definitely date a girl like that
  • Nope. No way.
Just to let you all know, I'm still planning on losing 15 - 20 more pounds

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'3 and 145 pounds?

---

Hey, that is great news and keep up the good work. You're on the shorter side, so you could probably lose some more weight and look even better. The good news is that you are headed in the right direction. Getting healthy and attractive certainly helps with the boys!

I'm a shy girl (at first)

Nothing wrong with that.

Read this: link

I play guitar

I sing

I snowboard

I'm extremely adventurous,

---

All of the above sounds great.

Any advice?

---

You're still young.

Focus on:

1. Losing more weight and living a healthy lifestyle to keep it off. Feeling good about yourself in your new body helps you be happy. Guys like to be around happy girls.

2. Making sure you aren't so shy that you hurt yourself from meeting guys when an opportunity presents itself. Read the guide I linked to above and go from there.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't know why people wouldn't date you but if I found your face attractive, I would probably want to take you out to the movies then dinner, then a walk in a park, just for the first date.

Women like you probably feel like no one likes you but its the exact opposite, Its the guys around your age who can't be mature to see a diamond hidden in sea full of other fakes, Men from 16 to 25 base everything off of looks in terms on what to date a woman on, Not all men, but a good portion of them. You will find a great very soon, trust me.

• Awe, that's so sweet x) Thank you

• 5'3, 145... probably.

But you said that's recent. You recently lost 40 lbs. You were recently 5'3 185. And at that weight, no, no chance. 145 may be pushing it but I tend to go for skinny over thick, I suspect the 'thick' loving guys will be quite happy with 145 at your height, though I'm not 100% sure. But honestly, your dateability now vs. at 185, its like you're a different person.

If 'religious' is code for 'nothing beyond kissing' that's also an issue for a lot of guys, especially as you get older.

Most guys think its cute if they notice a girl is shy. The problem is that shy people rarely figure out that other people are shy. They are shy too. When someone doesn't talk to them much, they interpret it as 'stuck up/doesn't like me'.

Nobody knows you're shy. They just know if you're friendly to them or not.

• Well, I'd have to find your face pretty (sorry but I a pretty face IS important to me), but everything else about you is awesome.

• Some of those shound like things I want. If you move around a lot and you're shy, yes, it may be harder for you to find a guy. Is one of your parents in the military or why do you move around so much?

• Divorce, military.. :(

• yes it sounds like you have good qualities but then shyness is something you can overcome keep your head high and show that you are strong and happy as you are also is a quality some guys look for.

• u sound like an amazing catch, other than a few things you are just like me and fit my type exactly:) mab all the guys at your school are blind or something but I don't have a clue why your datless... Anyhow all in all you sound like a cool person and I sure hope things look up for you...

• Play guitar, sing, honest, kind, etc. Seems fine. But I'd probably not be sure until I really got to know the girl for sure.

And you'll find a date, if you are really interested in someone, you should be active. Guys are getting sick of the passivity and so more guys aren't asking girls out as much anymore. If you're interested, talk to the guy. I can understand being shy, I have been such myself and I am too to some degree, but I still suck it up and at least talk to a girl.

• I would totally date you. You sound like someone who'd always be fun to hang with. Perfect size, too.

• Sounds adorable, very datable for sure. Don't know why you can't get a date... Did you try?

• I think I have. But I honestly don't know how :s

• Keep pushing yourself to talk to guys you like, I guarantee you'll get a date. For girls it's not all that hard generally :)

• Thanks :)

• thats great... So why can't you get a date?

• maybe it's because I don't know how :s I've tried, honestly, I've been talking and hanging out with my crush of 2 years for the past 3 months, he flirts etc. we talk like we know everything about each other, I honestly thought he could like me, heck, we sat on a bus and talked non stop for 5 hours, he even held my hand.. but 2 days ago I found out that he's dating someone, it's even on fb. we still talk.. and he hasent looked happy all week.. idk..

• maab because he wants you and he's sstuck with his GF

• lol that would be nice, and I'm pretty sure that if they don't last very long I'm just going to straight out tell him how I feel. Do you think I should?

• I'd date someone like you. Girls with goals is the best thing in my eyes.

• I mean you sound like a nice girl but honestly it's just the weight that's holding you back. 40lbs is good progress but, you need to lose quite a bit more to really turn heads.

• If she loses any more weight she'll be underweight. 5' 3" and 105 pounds is still a normal weight but almost going to an underweight BMI.

• It's not about qualities, but quality of life! If your sweet and kind; then theirs nothing more attractive then that!

What Girls Said 1

• Were you 145 pounds and then lost 40 or were you 185 and now 145?