How would you handle dating a coworker?

Let me first say I had no intention of ever dating a coworker... but it's gotten to the point where it's so obvious we like each other that other coworkers are clearing away to 'give us time together'. Almost everyone at my job is roughly the same age (early 20s), I'm the exact same position as this girl and there has been admittedly a history of coworkers dating here so the job really wouldn't have a problem with it.

Just last night I invited her out with my roommates and we combined birthday parties (my roommate's birthday and her friend's birthday). She spent most of the night hanging out with me instead of her friends, spent a good amount of time hugging/high fiving me, and a couple times came up from behind and put her arm in mine to talk for a while. At work she keeps it far more professional but the flirting is definitely still there.

How would you handle this? It seems to me she really likes me and I know that if not for the fact she's a coworker I'd have already asked her out by now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see the problem. If your work doesn't have a problem with you dating her than why not do it? What if she is one of the most wonderful girls you could have ever dated and you will always be asking yourself "what if I had dated her?" You might be missing a great girl, just because she works with you? Most of my boyfriends I have met through work. In fact I think its a great place to meet potential mates because on one hand you get to already establish some sort of relationship with them before even going out with them. OK, so what if it doesn't work out? So what? So you have to workk with her. You are both adults and can probably be big about it IF that happened. I think you should date her but its just an opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd keep work strictly work. No being affectionate. No being all cutesey. Nothing. Because if you guys have a fight or things don't work out then EVERYONE will know. It will be everyone's business. If there is tension between you, everyone will be perceptive of it because you are working on a team together. It may make things uncomfortable for others and may make them not want to work with you guys if you can't keep your emotions under control.

It's hard to date someone at work without people butting into it. Trust me!

• I think it's okay to date a coworker as long as you keep your relationship and its issues out of the office. If you feel like you and her could be mature adults about it and still work together in the event of a fight or a break up, then go for it. Be professional at work and do whatever the heck you want off the clock.

What Guys Said 1

• If its a professional job, I suggest not dating your coworker. You can party, have sex with them, but as far as dating, don't do it.

Know the difference between work and play.