I want to give this girl a chance, but...

I met her online, which is not bad at all, but between college, the military, two jobs, and personal life issues which have since been resolved, I'd never really learned how to date (didn't have the energy, confidence, or time). I only signed up for the dating site because a good friend of mine was very insistent that I at least give it a try.

I hear my friends talk about how they met their girlfriends and I've seen lots of questions and answers here about it as well. I'm glad I met this girl (she messaged me on the site first), but now that I've learned what I have about myself and women, there's a big part of me that wants to experience the curiosity and excitement of meeting someone new at work or church or somewhere else, learning about her, asking her out, and winning her over on my own without knowing she was already into me.

Does this make sense? Am I a d*ck for that, when I'm talking with someone? Have you ever felt like this? Thank you in advance.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, the fact that she LIKES you is all in your favor, no?

• It is, but the thing is that I already knew she was into me. In pretty much all cases, that's how my relationships have started.

• But that's what most guys usually WANT -- to be sure that they're not making futile attempts to approach a girl who is NOT interested...

What Guys Said 1

• It's just your confidence speaking. Women still have to be interested in the real world too. You already have a girl who's interested online. You should at least meet her once. What's holding you back?

• Right now, distance. I've been out of town for the last couple of weeks.

• That makes sense. Well, our first date is in a week. We're going to have dinner and then browse around the mall for a bit. Thank you very much for your help.

• Great! Hope it goes well. You're welcome, and good luck!